APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Outline issue when using transparent logo ident

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Edwards
Outline issue when using transparent logo ident
on Nov 5, 2018 at 1:39:44 pm

We've had an ident created by a third party. It features a simplistic single green colour logo animation and it's got a transparent background. This was I believe created in AE.

When I import it into FCPX, the clip is correctly maintaining its background transparency but the single colour logo seems to have a slight black outline. I'm sure this must be due to some sort of opacity/luma/alpha setting - but for the life of me, I can't seem to resolve it.

I've told FCPX, on import, to optimise the clip and also to leave as is - neither choices resolves the issue.

Hoping someone can shed some light or point me in the right direction...Thanks all!

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Outline issue when using transparent logo ident
on Nov 5, 2018 at 2:09:23 pm

It is probably rendered as premultiplied alpha, where FCP wants straight.
Not sure if you can tell FCP that it is premultiplied, but if not, fix is easy:
Import in AE, interpret footage as premultiplied, render out to straight and use that.

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Matt Edwards
on Nov 5, 2018 at 6:47:20 pm

Excellent - thank you so much. That was exactly the issue and now fully resolved!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 6, 2018 at 9:04:11 pm

FCPX allows you to change interpretation on the settings in the inspector (select the clips, open inspector, choose “Settings” from the drop down menu at the bottom of the inspector window, and look for Alpha settings).

Also, sometimes a preview will look a little fuzzy, and a rendered timeline will clear it up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]