APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Share waiting on stabilization that won't complete

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Share waiting on stabilization that won't complete
on Oct 11, 2018 at 2:18:18 pm

So on my timeline I have two hours' worth of 2-track video of a conference. The B cameraman did a lousy job and pretty much all his shots needed to have stabilization engaged. I patiently waited for everything to auto-render overnight, come in this morning ready to hit "share" and output this bad boy. Come in this AM and I have a screen message that FCPX crashed. I reboot and re-open FCP and everything is there. Then I command a share to ProRes 422.

But when I do, a pop-up tells me FCPX is not done with background tasks, specifically, stabilization, and that if I go ahead and share, the render may be incomplete or of reduced quality.

OK, I've seen that before, and if I cancel the share, and lay off the mouse, FCPX will get back to handling all this in the background and I can see progress bars running in the "clock" display.

Only today, it just sits there. No progress bar progress. Acting like background tasks are done. Timeline plays fine, like everything's complete.

Tried select-all and re-render. That task bar completes pretty fast, but the share problem remains. Still warning me if I continue, the render may be incomplete or the stabilized parts may not be.

Any other way to force the background tasks to complete?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Share waiting on stabilization that won't complete
on Oct 11, 2018 at 2:38:00 pm

For giggles, I went ahead and commanded the share over the objections of the pop-up warning; it's rendering out now, I'll look it over when done. In the dialog box for the share, in the area underneath where tags go, I did spot something I hadn't seen before: it put in a tag that said: "excessive shake". Maybe it's just more than the stabilizer can handle?

Still want to know how to force the stabilizing to complete, though.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Share waiting on stabilization that won't complete
on Oct 12, 2018 at 6:25:57 pm

Mark, I've seen similar before on handheld stuff.

My solution is to skim the footage and REJECT all the really crazy uncorrectable stuff - Hide rejects - and then put the now unrated clips on a storyline and stabilize -that stuff - rather than everything.

A truly wild swing here or there seems to "lower the average" of correct-ability? and causes problems. So I try to let X focus on only the usable footage for correction.

Once those frames have their stabilization data stored, things get easier.

Just a thought.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]