APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

New to FCP X 3 Questions - duplicate, audio, original file cut off

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brock Smith
New to FCP X 3 Questions - duplicate, audio, original file cut off
on Sep 25, 2018 at 4:29:01 pm

1. I can not seem to duplicate a project correctly. It is a Multicam project. When I duplicate or duplicate as snapshot, then try to edit the new file, the original file is changed. I want to edit a new file without messing with the original.

2. Does anyone know why the audio is so much lower in FCP? I used Vegas for years and had my recorded audio (Using Blackmagic Hyperdeck studio 2 and studio Pro) just right. The peaks would run at about -3 to -6 db. When I pull the same data into FCP I have to raise the volume by 12db to get the same output.

3. I have 2 clips recorded on a Blackmagic unit onto an SSD drive. (2 clips because they run out of record time on one clip around and hour or so) I used to edit in Sony Vegas and had no issues with the clips going together seemlessly. FCP X seems to cut off the final second (or less) of the first clip.

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
Re: New to FCP X 3 Questions - duplicate, audio, original file cut off
on Sep 26, 2018 at 5:20:37 pm

I think the first question is a bit confusing, but I'll try to help. When you duplicate a new project (aka a storyline/timeline) and you have a multicam clip or clips on that storyline, you should be able to edit that without it affecting the multicam clip in the browser. The multicam clip in the browser and the one edited in the project are separate instances of the same clip.

I have not experience any difference with audio in NLEs between Resolve, FCP X, and Premiere Pro. Not saying what you're experiencing isn't real, but I haven't had that experience between three NLEs.

Your third situation is a mystery. Confirm that what you're experiencing in FCP X's browser is the same as the import window. Try checking with EditReady (or KYNO - but I've had artifacting issues with KYNO with AVCHD footage) as well to see how it combines clips and the timing of them. I use that a lot to preprocess my clips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]