APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

FCPX to Social Media

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Roberts
FCPX to Social Media
on Sep 7, 2018 at 10:24:47 am

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this topic has already been covered.

I'm tearing my hair out as to the best export and compression settings from FCPX, through compressor, to Social media channels. I've a lovely promo video (mainly shot in 4K) that I've re-edited square. The client wants to use it mainly on twitter but when I upload, the quality is very poor, to the point of being unusable and detrimental.

Facebook is slightly better although still not great and I'm also struggling with Instagram.

Can somebody please offer some advice. Thank you.

Joel

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: FCPX to Social Media
on Sep 7, 2018 at 9:42:30 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Sep 7, 2018 at 9:42:56 pm

What resolution is it when you send the square? And what codec? I'm guessing MPEG4? If you send it too large, they will either kick it back as out of spec, or re-compress it themselves, which generally doesn't show the same amount of care you would at home.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 8, 2018 at 12:53:00 pm

Social media sites do their own compression and compress it down to nothing so it is cellular friendly. Not much to do except upload the highest quality video you possibly can, like ProRes or high bit rate mp4.

Return to posts index

Joel Roberts
on Sep 10, 2018 at 10:56:45 am

Thanks guys,

I've much trial and error I've found the best solution is to use Handbrake with these settings.

Works best for any social media platform actually, and reduces the file size massively with barely any loss of quality. Stops the social sites from compressing and sabotaging quality.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]