APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Missing Titles/Effects FCPX (10.3.4)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnie Wood
Missing Titles/Effects FCPX (10.3.4)
on Sep 6, 2018 at 4:36:48 pm

Okay, so I work in a production department with less than fastidious editors who sometimes add titles and effects from wherever they'd like. I'd say 95% of the time I'm able to relink the files to their appropriate places (all the appropriate .Localized folders either in the library or the motion templates folder on the editor's machine). However, I run into this issue once in a blue moon and for the life of me I cannot figure out how or why these are offline. Here's the path FCP is looking for:

"..../A7565120-483A-4B47-8153-555550994A59/Motion Templates.localized/Titles.localized/Boardroom 2017/Boardroom 2017/Side Text Overlay/Side Text Overlay.moti"

What's throwing me off is the "/A7565120-" folder. Unsure what that is. The only thing I can think of is that they copied a title from a different library and no longer have that library open/available to them? The title "Side Text Overlay" lives both in the library and in the Motion Templates on the machine itself.

It's driving me mad so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
Re: Missing Titles/Effects FCPX (10.3.4)
on Sep 7, 2018 at 5:51:31 pm

You should never store plugins in the library. That cries for trouble.

Spherico
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby
become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will
also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
Re: Missing Titles/Effects FCPX (10.3.4)
on Sep 12, 2018 at 12:12:54 pm

Yeah. I thought this was going to be a great feature. It's actually a dumpster fire. I wish FCP X had some relinking function for Motion Templates.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]