APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Font issues in Final Cut and Motion between computers

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Guillot
Font issues in Final Cut and Motion between computers
on Aug 22, 2018 at 4:22:09 pm

I create a title in Final Cut on my iMac using the open sans regular font. The FCPX project is on an external hard drive. Then I open the same project on my laptop, and all of the titles using the open sans regular font revert to Helvetica. I have to change all of them. Open sans regular is installed on the laptop and appears as a font option in FCPX and Motion. It only affects the open sans regular, not the semibold, bold, etc.

So I figure I have two different open sans regular fonts that are conflicting. I remove the entire open sans font family from my laptop and iMac using the Font Book utility, and install the same open sans font family on both of them. Keep having the same issue.

So... I remove all traces of the open sans font family from my iMac. I open Pixelmator, and that font is not an option. Open Graphic, the font is not an option. But... open sans is still an option in Final Cut and in Motion. Spotlight cannot find anything open sans on my machine. It is not in Font Book. Where is it? Do Final Cut and Motion squirrel away fonts somewhere? I looked in the FCPX app container in the contents folder, not there.

This is making me crazy. And yes, I have to use Open Sans for a client.

Any ideas?

-Josh

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Font issues in Final Cut and Motion between computers
on Aug 22, 2018 at 6:05:51 pm

You might have to clear the font cache using the Terminal.

A google search will tell you how to do so.

Here's one: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8250288

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]