APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Best way to consolidate video files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kasey Gay
Best way to consolidate video files
on Aug 13, 2018 at 1:06:51 am

Hey team,

So I've recently been learning how to properly setup my storage and automated backups. Currently I'm trying to figure out how to consolidate and trim away unwanted extras. I shoot a lot of run-and-gun and so have enormous amounts of footage I'd be just as well getting rid of.

My understanding is the the best way to go about this and free up my hard drives would be to go through projects, mark all the clips I want to keep as favorite, and then drop those into a project and export that as pro-res, put that in my archives, and throw out the originals, correct?

I've tried this once and it seems that my files are extremely "heavy" and sluggish on reimport. Likely mistakes I'm making?
Additionally, I'd want to separate out my 24fps, from my slow-mo and make those separate projects, I'm assuming.

Are there any other tricks or smart tactics for separating wheat from chaff for long term storage?

Thanks guys

Return to posts index

Kasey Gay
Re: Best way to consolidate video files
on Aug 13, 2018 at 1:56:00 am

Additionally, I'm noting that FCPX won't let me expressly create a 120FPS timeline. It tops out at 60.
Does this cause any issues with my current objective?

Return to posts index

Kasey Gay
Re: Best way to consolidate video files
on Aug 13, 2018 at 2:06:13 am

Edit:
As in, should I preemptively drag out, and manually retime the files to 120 fps, or will the data for the additional frames still stay put.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]