APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Bug? Or just something I need to figure out?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Lewis
Bug? Or just something I need to figure out?
on Jul 5, 2018 at 1:26:41 pm

Hi, pretty new to X coming from 7. I've been slowly figuring out the timeline through a lot of trial and error, but one thing keeps confusing me.

Often, when I'm selecting a clip to move, delete, whatever, FCPX also highlights one (or many times, several) other clips nowhere near the clip I am selecting. For instance, I'm working on a 40 minute project, I've just selected a single clip in the first minute to delete, and it also deleted a group of clips in the 25th minute AND 34th minute. After com-Z, clicking off the timeline to clear the select, and then reselecting the original clips, it functioned as expected and didn't highlight any other clips. In this case, the clips are not on the main timeline, but there is no other "connection" and seems to be no reason to have the other clips selected (and, the fact that it doesn't highlight the unwanted clips on the second go around leads me to believe there's not a workflow reason this should be happening).

Obviously very frustrating (I essentially have to zoom out on the project to make sure nothing else has become selected when I want to do anything with a selected clip).

Has anyone run into something similar? Perhaps there is a reason by design this is happening that I just haven't figured out?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jared Ewing
Re: Bug? Or just something I need to figure out?
on Jul 5, 2018 at 5:58:34 pm

Are you able to post a screenshot of your timeline?

I have not experienced this. I'm wondering if there is a secondary storyline or some other way you have the clips grouped that could be causing this behavior.

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Jul 5, 2018 at 7:16:18 pm

Update you're software. This is supposed to have fixed. The latest version is 10.4.3, I think.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Jack Lewis
on Jul 10, 2018 at 8:43:30 pm

Guys, apologies for the delay. Thanks very much. The software update appears to have solved it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]