APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

just a quick question on transport in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Onat
just a quick question on transport in FCPX
on Jun 13, 2018 at 10:12:37 pm

I've been using Premiere for a while. I used to use FCP 7, and I wanted Logic, so I got the Apple package. I like some things about FCPX, but can someone explain to me what button to press to go to the start of the project, since Apple has, once again, decided to be the rebel and get rid of the basic transport controls I find not only in video editing, but in every audio editor I've ever seen. I don't understand who signs off on these insane decisions. WHen something is gone, it's never an option to bring it back either. Really anti-choice.

The home button does not go to the start of the project. It goes to the start of the clip. Don't tell me I have to 'mark' the start of the project for every single project as the beginning. Or drag that annoying slider all over the place. I'm missing something obvious probably. But considering Apple, probably not.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: just a quick question on transport in FCPX
on Jun 13, 2018 at 10:15:39 pm

[Mark Onat] "The home button does not go to the start of the project. "

Mine does.

If yours doesn't, remap the home key to "Go To Beginning" in the keyboard shortcut editor.

Or search for the same term to see where it may be mapped right now.

Return to posts index

Mark Onat
Re: just a quick question on transport in FCPX
on Jun 13, 2018 at 11:23:38 pm

Thank You.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]