APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Interface Confusion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Durso
Interface Confusion
on Jun 13, 2018 at 6:20:10 am
Last Edited By Peter Durso on Jun 13, 2018 at 6:25:13 am

I must be hitting a key combination by mistake.
When I'm working on the Timeline at some point I notice that a portion of the tracks have a hatch like pattern on them and this pattern goes from the left edge for an amount of time until it comes to a line that looks like the play-head, except it's white with an arrow like pointer at the top of the line. It's just as if I've razored them and created new clips. The hatched area seems to play just fine without interruption right into the non-hatched part of the clips. I just know this is a headache just waiting to happen. Any hints?
Thanks,
Pete D.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Interface Confusion
on Jun 13, 2018 at 8:26:23 am
Last Edited By Jeff Kirkland on Jun 13, 2018 at 8:35:23 am

Are you sure you're not looking at the inside of a compound clip? can we see a screen grab?

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Peter Durso
on Jun 13, 2018 at 9:56:19 pm

Here is a screenshot..
The white line past the end of the clips does represent the end of the compound clip before I trimmed the end of the dance. I used the razor tool and I deleted the unwanted material at the end of the clips. How do i get the compound container to "close up" and match the new end of the clips? what is the right way to delete material from the end of the clips in the compound clip and have the compound clip tighten up after the delete?

Return to posts index

Jared Ewing
on Jun 14, 2018 at 5:03:05 pm

Take a look at the video linked below. Hopefully that will explain it.

Basically, just close the compound clip. Then shorten the compound clip by dragging the right handle to the left. Let go. Then, drag that right handle back to the right until the red line appears.

Return to posts index

Peter Durso
on Jun 14, 2018 at 6:01:02 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the video link. I will look at it later. I figured out the meaning of that line and then I went back to the main timeline and shortened it up as you suggested here. I didn’t realize that the compound clip itself was that dynamic, instead of just being a static container. Now I’m working on a credits scroll.
😎
Thanks again,
Pete D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]