APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

FCPX - Compound clip is Red and won't draw waveforms

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Rainey
FCPX - Compound clip is Red and won't draw waveforms
on Mar 7, 2018 at 6:31:22 pm

I am trying to figure out how and why my compound clips won't draw the waveforms and the entire clip is red. I have a youtube show I edit and when I am finished I make the entire show a compound clip so I can mix the roles using audio lanes... That way I can bring all the sfx, music, VO, or production sounds up and down as a whole or keyframe each "lane". Does anybody have a solve for this? I have thrown away my pref holding down alt+command and clicking on fcpx to load it. I have thrown out all the peak files, I have waited and not touched fcpx while it re-draws all the waveforms. Nothing is offline.

I have tested a small sequence and it works..and redraws waveforms. I think my sequences are to complicated...or maybe long for fcpx...? Has anybody run into this and have a fix for it?

thanks!
Eric

Return to posts index

Eric Rainey
Re: FCPX - Compound clip is Red and won't draw waveforms
on Mar 7, 2018 at 9:22:14 pm

NEVERMIND!!! I fixed it. By deleting multiple things in my timeline I found two small clips offline..now I can see waveforms! FCPX works correctly...my bad!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]