APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Multi-Cam

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eric Thompson
Multi-Cam
on Jan 10, 2018 at 10:50:18 pm

My angle editor will only show me two angles despite having a 3 camera shoot. The audio is all synced and I can match them up by using the audio sync tool but they will not all work together as a multi-cam edit. My system has been acting funky on several fronts. Is this part of not very good update and things will get better or am I just hosed? Any thoughts on a fix?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Multi-Cam
on Jan 10, 2018 at 10:55:37 pm

Is your multicam window set to show only 2 angles?

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

eric Thompson
on Jan 10, 2018 at 11:48:27 pm

No, I wish it were that simple. It's set to 4. What's happening is that 2 angles sync up and the 3rd angle is on the same timeline in it's entirety after the first two on the same clip. Weird... I'm cutting the two together and exporting them. I bring them back in and use a multi-cam edit to synch and cut in the third angle. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
on Jan 11, 2018 at 12:19:02 am

[eric Thompson] " 2 angles sync up and the 3rd angle is on the same timeline in it's entirety after the first two on the same clip. "

If the camera does not export camera name metadata which FCPX recognizes, you have to name the clips from each camera and audio device in the Inspector metadata before you create the multicam clip. Assuming each camera has audio and is using different filename syntax, the approximate procedure is:

1. Import all clips
2. In Event Browser at top left select List View (it's the button above the red X at left)
3. In Event Browser, click on clip name to sort by name. All the clips from each camera should be grouped together.
4. Select a group of clips from one camera/recorder (Click on 1st, go to last and Shift-click).
5. In Inspector at upper right, click on Info button. If Inspector pane is not on, turn it on with Window>Show Inspector
6. At bottom of Inspector Pane, click the drop-down box and select "General". This shows more details.
7. In the Inspector Pane, enter a camera or angle name. When you press Enter it will add that camera/angle name to all the clips you have selected in a single step.
8. Repeat step 4 and 7 for each camera/recorder.
9. In Event Browser, select all clips from all the cameras you added camera name info to.
10. Right-click on the selected group and select "New Multicam Clip", then set checkbox "use audio for synchronization"

Return to posts index

Neil Sinclair
on Jan 11, 2018 at 12:30:05 pm

In the Multicam settings, change the Angle Assembly to CLIPS instead of automatic
This worked for me when having a similar issue

Return to posts index

eric Thompson
on Jan 11, 2018 at 5:25:39 pm

That was super simple and it totally worked. Thank you so much!!!

Return to posts index

Neil Sinclair
on Jan 11, 2018 at 8:37:27 pm

Glad that worked for you. I think this crept in with 10.4. Definitely worth reporting to Apple in Feedback

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]