APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

What is the cache? can I get rid of it to make room on a drive? What else can I erase - to make space?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cybil lake
What is the cache? can I get rid of it to make room on a drive? What else can I erase - to make space?
on Jan 10, 2018 at 7:45:38 pm

What is the cache? can I get rid of it to make room on a drive?

Also, what CAN I get rid of to make room??

thank you! ;-)

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: What is the cache? can I get rid of it to make room on a drive? What else can I erase - to make space?
on Jan 11, 2018 at 10:37:20 pm

The cache is all,of the temporary files FCPX creates as you work on a project, including background rendered files, optical flow data, etc. you can clean out background rendered files via the option in the file menu. It is possible to just delete the cache in the finder but FCPX will have to recreate whatever it needs as you continue editing so there will be a bit of a performance hit the next time you open a project.

Final Cut Library Manager from Arctic Whiteness is a useful app for clearing out unwanted items in the cache. It lists what you can delete safely and shows how much space you will save by doing so, then it’s just a matter of checking a box next to the item and the app will clear that item from the cache. It does a lot of other really useful stuff too., so it’s well worth investing in.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]