APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Background tasks (render) never end/requires force quit

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Jones
Background tasks (render) never end/requires force quit
on Dec 7, 2017 at 6:40:34 am

This is probably of my own doing. Have been working on a project. But got a new HD and relocated my primary project files (including changing the name of the main folder).
1) I seem to have no problem loading all the files on startup. Everything is there.
2) When project is open, it seems to play ok (although the dotted line remains).
3) At startup it wants to render files (dotted lines over some clips). And the render never gets done. I eventually have to force quit.
4) How can I troubleshoot/resolve this issue? (Is it related to renaming main folder or moving files to new HD?)

Thanks much!

Jerry

J. David Jones
V I D E O P R O D U C E R
Unleashing the Power of Stories
to Impact the World....
Follow me on Twitter: jdavid17
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jdavid17

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Background tasks (render) never end/requires force quit
on Dec 7, 2017 at 5:59:39 pm

When you say the main folder- what are you referring to?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Jerry Jones
on Dec 7, 2017 at 11:22:45 pm

Hi, Noah. Thanks for your kind reply.
- On my external HD, I have a folder with the project name. (I have a few other folders also on this HD, with different projects, different names.)
- In that folder are the "MST.fcpbundle" files. Several.
- That is the folder that I recently moved from another external to my new HD. (Needed more space.)
- I also changed the name of that folder just to help me organize my projects better on my external HD. (I realize this is probably not the most wise thing to do mid-project.)
- For whatever reason, now when I open the project in FCPX, it attempts to render the dotted lines - but it just spins, never completes the background tasks. And when I try to close the project, it will not shut down. Requires a force close.
NOTE:
- Each time I open the project, it finds the project and plays the files fine. Nothing appears to be lost.
- Maybe it has something to do with not being able to locate the previous render files. Not sure.
- Is there a way to resync or reconnect all my files?

What would you do if you were in my shoes?
Thanks again, Jerry

J. David Jones
to Impact the World....

Return to posts index

Jerry Jones
on Dec 7, 2017 at 11:30:03 pm

Another quick follow up. I realize I should probably already know this. -)
1) In the process of moving my files to the new drive (and also renaming the folder), I see that I now have TWO different folders with "fcpcache" and "fcpbundle" files for this current project.
2) Is that part of my problem?
3) And will it mess things up if I manually combine all of these files (for same project) into one folder?

Thanks again, Jerry

J. David Jones
to Impact the World....

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 8, 2017 at 6:08:17 pm

Yeah you definitely don't want to muck around within the library structure in the finder. And you don't want to move or rename internal files becuase it causes everything to break. I would suggest starting a new Library and copying your projects into it and then reimporting all media. And do all of this in FCPX, not the Finder.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]