APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

MacBook Air shut down and FCPX Event is empty

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
McKenzie Ryan
MacBook Air shut down and FCPX Event is empty
on Dec 4, 2017 at 7:34:31 pm

My MacBook Air shut down and when I reopened FCPX my event had turned into a weird folder thing, the event logo is gone and empty. All of my footage I had been making into compound clips have also disappeared.

I tried a thread on here that had me make a new event in FCPX and then close the application. I then went into the libraries packaged contents in which I copied and moved everything from the old broken event to the new one. I then re-opened FCPX and the new event is now also broken (missing the event logo, etc.)

This is what the events now look like:

Any help is highly appreciated,
Thank you.

Specs:
MacBook Air mid-2011
FCPX Version 10.2.3

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: MacBook Air shut down and FCPX Event is empty
on Dec 4, 2017 at 8:18:58 pm

I advise strongly against ever mucking around in the file folder structure for FCPX.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH15847?locale=en_US

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

McKenzie Ryan
on Dec 4, 2017 at 8:46:01 pm

Thank you for the response. The initial and remaining problem did not occur from my work inside the packaged contents, but instead because my laptop shut down while in FCPX. I will be sure to try out the link you sent me.

Thank you for your time.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Dec 6, 2017 at 6:00:31 pm

what about restoring the auto backup File?

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

McKenzie Ryan
on Dec 7, 2017 at 4:17:36 pm

At first, I tried this and got it back, but yesterday my laptop once again completely shut down while in FCPX. When I returned there wasn't even a backup for all of my work I did for over an hour.

I'm not sure what I can do at this point. The event I was working on, and the ones that were broken, have completely disappeared from the sidebar, yet are folders in the Packaged Contents.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]