APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Adding clips to mirror real time of day

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Stock
Adding clips to mirror real time of day
on Nov 12, 2017 at 1:50:20 pm

I do shoots with media from several different devices, video cameras, screenshots, iPhone pics, etc.

I would like to create a timeline that has every clip in the chronological sequence it was created. But not stacked together, instead with corresponding gaps between clips if that’s the way the clips were created. There may even be periods where no media was created, I don’t care, I just want the timeline to be an exact mirror of the real world history of the creation of all the media.

I was thinking if I set the timeline’s time code to start at the moment of the first clip, then the media creation timestamp of every clip could be used to determine where to insert it into the timeline.

Ideally, if there are multiple clips recorded simultaneously, they would automatically be added on different layers in the timeline to…

Is there a way to do all this?

As a fallback, is there any command that will reposition a clip so it’s creation date matches the timeline time code? Then I could sort the media been by creation date, direct them all to the timeline, and then fine-tune it with this operation…

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Adding clips to mirror real time of day
on Nov 12, 2017 at 4:03:34 pm

Not automatically no.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>