APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

FCPX Will Not Open After Pixel Film Studios Plugin Install

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Ondera
FCPX Will Not Open After Pixel Film Studios Plugin Install
on Sep 14, 2017 at 7:39:32 am

I may as well give these details first:
Mac Pro Early 2008
OS 10.11.6 El Capitan
2x 3.2 Quad-Core
32 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

So to start off, I am told not to upgrade the OS on this early 2008 Mac Pro anymore. The machine won't handle it.

I purchased two Pixel Film Studios plugins using the auto-tracker feature, not realizing these required OS Sierra and above. I had purchase plugins before from them, but this time, something weird was going on with the install even before I tried opening FCP. the install window stalled and froze. I had to reboot.

Now I don't want to bore you with all the tedious details, but to make a long story short, I cannot open FCP now at all. I have a client breathing down my neck and I have already lost two days of editing because of this.

I uninstalled the plugins, I cleaned out FCP Preferences. I opened successfully FCP holding down the option key and once succeeded at creating a new Library. But in no instances, even going back to historic Libraries that I knew were uncorrupted could I open any Libraries at all.

I shut the computer down overnight, then booted it up and now I can't even get into FCP at all, even with the option key. As well I cannot open any Library.

I did contact Pixel and I am awaiting to hear if they can tell me something more informative but it is taking them a while. They did tell me to uninstall and that Auto-tracker is the problem, but they haven't gotten back to me yet on how to get FCP open.

Help! Any ideas? I will be endlessly grateful to anyone who has insight into this problem.

Greg Ondera
Plexus.tv
Surgical Video Production Coast to Coast

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: FCPX Will Not Open After Pixel Film Studios Plugin Install
on Sep 14, 2017 at 9:07:51 am

You've done pretty much everything I'd suggest - except delete and reinstall FCPX.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Sep 14, 2017 at 12:35:21 pm

Create a New User Admin account. Make sure there are no Login items (things that run as soon as you log in). Reboot the computer and log in to the new user account and then open FCPX.

Return to posts index

Greg Ondera
on Sep 14, 2017 at 3:23:35 pm

Thanks for this. I'm afraid I am now out the door for 10 days and will have to attempt these remedies when I return.

Greg Ondera
Plexus.tv
Surgical Video Production Coast to Coast

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]