APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

FCPX - Motion - Logic Pro X ..... WILL NOT WORK !!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vick Sepetjian
FCPX - Motion - Logic Pro X ..... WILL NOT WORK !!!
on Sep 5, 2017 at 4:52:51 am

And when i get FCPX to open ( 1 in 10 reboots ) generators, parameters are out of whack......third party and native FCPX plug-ins have issues.... its a corrupted mess. So, basically it's unusable. I've re-installed all three programs 3 times. ( getting the perpetual beachball on all 3 ) I've re-downloaded the OS ( el Capitan )- All the latest versions of everything ...... which i've been using since they came out. Every other software I own works beautifully on the same system. I've re-set preferences...even on the fresh installs. I used FCS to remove old packages. I'm running a 2010 Mac Pro ..2.8 ghz...quad core...32 ram... radeon 7950. ( strong computer...never had any issues like this before. )
I did recently install Final Cut Library Manager and cleared out about a tera-byte of render files. I also just installed the Nuke Studio ( which is working brilliantly ) I'm not sure if there's some kind of compatibility issue with NUKE and FCPX etc. on the same system.
Sorry if i'm in the wrong forum...but i can really use some help figuring this out.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: FCPX - Motion - Logic Pro X ..... WILL NOT WORK !!!
on Sep 5, 2017 at 9:39:51 am

Does this still happen if you create a new library?

Return to posts index

Vick Sepetjian
on Sep 5, 2017 at 2:48:48 pm
Last Edited By Vick Sepetjian on Sep 5, 2017 at 2:50:10 pm

I'll certainly try that when I get it open again.....but I'm not sure that will help with Motion and Logic.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Sep 5, 2017 at 3:30:04 pm

You could try setting up a new user account on your system and seeing if that makes things work.

Return to posts index

Vick Sepetjian
on Sep 5, 2017 at 4:25:18 pm

thank you, Steve. I had tried that already. Fingers crossed .... i repaired my permissions in disk utility and am now able to open all 3 softwares consistently. still experiencing some plugin issues....but hopefully i'll have some luck there too.
thanks again for your responses.

Return to posts index

Vick Sepetjian
on Sep 5, 2017 at 7:19:58 pm

Spoke to soon. Back to the drawing board. The three softwares won't open 90% of the time and when FCPX opens.... there are numerous generators that are in-op. I did notice that 2 of my 3 internal drives are read only. Including my boot drive. In the process of backing up data to reformat the 2 drives. Still appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
on Sep 6, 2017 at 4:56:13 pm

I think the fact that 2 out of your 3 drives is almost definitely causing your problem, and that sounds pretty serious. Would definitely tackle that first and start fresh.

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Music Videos 24/7

Return to posts index

Patrick Donegan
on Sep 12, 2017 at 2:23:18 am

Did you delete your parameter files and restart?

*.plist ... files

FCP X 10.2.3 - user since FCP 1.25
iMac mid 2011, MBA mid 2012
iPhone 4
HVX-200, Shure wireless mic
Miller Solo tripod
Advanta-Jib

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]