APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Skimmer/Zoom bug?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Yoong
Skimmer/Zoom bug?
on Oct 7, 2011 at 7:49:15 pm

Is anyone else having an issue with random zooming using command-/+, or the skimmer not positioning itself at the same place as the mouse pointer?

After cutting for a few minutes with FCPX this bug starts to happen.

10.0.1, 10.7.1

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Skimmer/Zoom bug?
on Oct 7, 2011 at 8:31:37 pm

Quite a few reports of the playhead flying back to the beginning of the project for random reasons.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2011 "Complete Training for FCPX" from Class on Demand
"Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

wolfger buchberger
on Oct 7, 2011 at 8:52:56 pm

I can also confirm this behaviour on 10.0.1,10.7.1.
It´s not happening on my 10.0.1, 10.6.8 setup.

greetings wolfger

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Oct 8, 2011 at 9:36:21 am

I DO get this on 10.68

"My Name is Steve and I'm an FCPX user"

Return to posts index

Philip Davies
on Oct 8, 2011 at 11:06:04 am

Yes to both (I'm glad you brought it up) on all versions of FCPX I've tried.

ZOOMING
Specifically, when I zoom to a certain level the play head jumps to the start (as does the whole view of the timeline) and then the playhead gets 'stuck' about 2 inches behind the mouse cursor when skimming - like it's lagging behind.

Zooming in or out one step resolves this, as does navigating out of the project and back in.

Also, when I click the + or - buttons to zoom in and out of the timeline, it's hit and miss whether they work. It normally takes 3-4 clicks to activate a zoom. Need to check if this happens with keyboard short cuts.

SKIMMING
Skimming randomly disables itself at regular intervals despite the skimming button being selected. Deselecting and re-selecting the button doesn't resolve the issue. Navigating out of the project and back in sometimes does but I usually need to quit.

Return to posts index

wolfger buchberger
on Oct 8, 2011 at 11:11:55 am

today first time happend under 10.6.8 also :-( hhmmm.
annoying....

greetings wolfger

Return to posts index

Paul Wickens
on Oct 10, 2011 at 3:24:08 pm

I get this all the time and it is driving me round the bend, so much so, I am going back to FCP7 for my next project, reluctantly I must add, as I love the concept and interface of FCPX but just too time consuming.. Anyone got a fix for this yet :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]