APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Starting Timecode

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Krieger
Starting Timecode
on May 19, 2017 at 4:25:36 pm

Hi. The timecode for an audio file isn't at 0:00 in the properties. How do I change? I've tried cmd-J. When I pull that up, it says the starting timecode is 0:00, but it's not.

Thx!

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Starting Timecode
on May 19, 2017 at 9:56:22 pm

Cmd-j brings up the project properties and lets you change the starting time code of the project, not individual clips.

Unless something's changed that I haven't noticed, there's no way to change a clips timecode in FCPX. The easiest way would be to put the audio track inside a compound clip and set the compound clip's timecode to zero.

Out of curiosity, whats the reason it needs to be zero? It's so rare these days that it matters.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Jeff Krieger
on May 19, 2017 at 10:01:16 pm

Ok, thx. I am editing a clip that I have transcripts for. The transcripts match the file if its timecode is zero. I will try the compound clip. That's a great idea. Thx!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 20, 2017 at 3:58:29 am

So, if someone has logged clips based on duration / simple counter instead of TC, my solution is to drag out a range on the clip in the browser which, if you have show clip info on (ctrl Y I think) then you'll see the duration right there at the mouse cursor as you drag. It makes it easy to find the logged point.

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
on May 20, 2017 at 5:57:12 pm

You might apply the timecode effect, it always starts at 0, it's big, you can turn it on/off

-Andreas

Spherico
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby
become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will
also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]