APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: FCP Legacy FCPX Debates Apple Final Cut Pro X FCP Tutorials

Can't find current project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Van Hooser
Can't find current project
on Dec 25, 2016 at 10:12:14 pm

Hi. I'm working with Final Cut Pro X 10.3. Fairly new to it, although I've used previous FCP versions for years.
I thought Final Cut Pro X always opened the current project, or last project, by default when opening the app. Sometimes my FCP X does that, sometimes not - at which point I've been going to the drive itself to open the latest/current project (by date). When I attempt that now, I get a prompt telling me "the file name is invalid." Doing the same thing I've done before.
So any thoughts on finding a project? And how can I 'set' FCP X so that it ALWAYS pulls up the latest version of the latest project by default? Thanks for any help. This is a months-long critical project.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Can't find current project
on Dec 25, 2016 at 10:19:58 pm

Project timelines are saved into Libraries. That is what you can open directly, not projects.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

David Van Hooser
on Dec 25, 2016 at 10:41:18 pm

Thanks Noah. I'm still relearning the jargon from earlier FCP times.
Anyway, how to find/recall the Library, then Event that I need? As mentioned, I usually count on it to be there by default when reopening FCP X. Now it's not. I don't know how that happened, but I'll figure out later. The main thing is finding the Library/Event I need.
Much thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 25, 2016 at 10:48:36 pm

Just search for FCPX Library in the finder and start opening them.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Dec 28, 2016 at 10:17:32 pm

Also, if you hold the option key down while launching FCPX you will get a list of recent Libraries or the option to Locate the one you want.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]