APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

FCP7 XML to FCPX XML import???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Javier Sanchez
FCP7 XML to FCPX XML import???
on Sep 25, 2011 at 3:09:07 pm

So could we export XML from FCP7 to FCPX, cause i'm trying and i can't the file is unclickable on the XML import of FCPX.

Any idea?

Regards

Return to posts index

Geert van den Berg
Re: FCP7 XML to FCPX XML import???
on Sep 25, 2011 at 3:16:32 pm

No not possible (yet). This is a feature that will need to be made by a 3rd party developer. Apple is not going to provide that functionality. At least that's what their FAQ which was on their website seemed to imply.

XML is standard (text based and humanly readable) but the way different applications and vendors use it can vary per application. FCP7 XML is just one way that apple has used XML.

Now with the new update Apple has also posted a guide for developers how the new XML works. A similar guide for the old version also exists. So there probably will be someone that will delve in and create something. It'll be quite a good move business wise to code something like that.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Sep 25, 2011 at 6:39:33 pm

[Geert van den Berg] "This is a feature that will need to be made by a 3rd party developer."

CatDV. Import FCP7 Sequence XML, export FCPX XML. Awkward but there have been reports that it does work. It's apparently just sequences, not entire projects.

Given the above, I suspect there will be further progress by third parties.

Return to posts index

Stan Johanssen
on Sep 27, 2011 at 12:33:27 am

I'm working on a online FCP7 <-> FCPX XML converter, but the XML was a bit more complicated than i first thought so i might take some time.

The dev. version i work on "kind of works" but the generated (converted) XML are not good enough yet.

The way it works are simply that "user" uploads the XML from FCP7 or FCPX and gets a download dialog for the new XML file. I hope i can have it finished an online during this week.

Return to posts index

david bryen
on Nov 21, 2011 at 10:48:04 pm

has this issue been resolved? I want to bring a Final Cut Pro X project into FCP 7. I know this seems like the wrong direction but...I tried xml.

db

Return to posts index

Javier Sanchez
on Nov 21, 2011 at 11:02:41 pm

Use resolve Lite to make the conversions of XMLs

Regards

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Nov 21, 2011 at 11:41:41 pm

Or buy X27!

"My Name is Steve and I'm an FCPX user"

Return to posts index

david bryen
on Nov 22, 2011 at 2:16:09 am

I'll give that a try. I've been meaning to try resolve.

db

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]