APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

What an update! Is this for real!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Melendez
What an update! Is this for real!
on Sep 25, 2011 at 2:31:18 am

Hi to all. I am in big problems. I am in the middle of a job with a next Friday deadline and one thinking the common sense of the word update or updgrade meaning improvement, better than, optimized...
Well...the issue is that my friend and I did upgrade to FCPX 10.0.1 and now every time I select some clips or use generators FCPX crashes. It is almost constantly crashing and I am working very slow becuase of this.
I have read of not to have FCP 7 in the same hard disk, which I have, and of putting the not used projects and events in other folders.
I reinstalled FCPX 10.0.1 but no luck. Cleaning the preference etc. What else can I do? Any suggestions. We habe already done 7 of the 20 45 min. documentaries we have to edit. We still have a long way to go before friday.
Need your help. Urgent.
Thank guys,
Anthony

I am working on a MacPro 1,1 late 2006 Dual 2.66 11GB Ram, G-Speed 3gb RAID5

Anthony Melendez

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
Re: What an update! Is this for real!
on Sep 25, 2011 at 3:06:02 am

You've got some sort of conflict there. Have you tried disk permissions yet?

Also, are you Snow Leopard or Lion?

What is the configuration of your setup?

Return to posts index

T. Payton
on Sep 25, 2011 at 4:34:16 am

I've got the same machine with radeon 5770 and not seeing any problems with fcp 10.0.1. On 10.6.8.

I would try creating a new user and see if the same issue occurs. If that does fix it, then either work in the new user or you can use it to help you figure out what is wrong with your user.

If the new user thing doesn't help it could be corrupt fonts. You might also try trashing motion 5 or compressor 4 if you have it as corrupted versions of those could cause problems with fcp x.

It is possible it is your fcp timeline itself. Try copying and pasting into a new project.

For the sake of time you could also instal a fesh OS on an external drive and boot from it and see if that helps.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

Anthony Melendez
on Sep 25, 2011 at 5:53:01 pm

I have a ATi Radeon HD 4870 1GB Video Card and I am running 10.6.8. I didn't have no problem with 10.0.0. Just minor bugs, but this update is horrible for me.
I had to update because me and my friend have to share projects and after he upgaded and send me his projects for me to work on, FCPX 10.0.0 could not open them. So I had no option other than upgrade.
My friend has an 8Core MacPro and he is getting minor bugs only.
But mine is crashing all the time.

When I create the new user, do mean to uninstall FCPX and then install it in the new user? Because yesterday I used my spouse user account and tried to run FCPX and it did open, but for some reason, it showed the harddisk but no the events or projects.

I will check for the corrupted fonts and your other recommendations and let you know if the worked.
Reinstalling the OS for me is a little bit scary since I don't use to do that and have no experience.

Thanks a lot,
Keep you posted,
Anthony

Anthony Melendez

Return to posts index

T. Payton
on Sep 26, 2011 at 2:40:05 am

[Anthony Melendez] "When I create the new user, do mean to uninstall FCPX and then install it in the new user? Because yesterday I used my spouse user account and tried to run FCPX and it did open, but for some reason, it showed the harddisk but no the events or projects."

No you don't need to uninstall, in fact it sounds like it is working on your spouses user account. The reason you events and projects are not showing up is they are held in your user account's Movie folder which is not accessible on your wife's account.

I would first try to move your project and events to an external drive, and then it will be accessible from your wife's, and other user accounts (see the FCP X user guide). Then when you load up FCP X on your wife's account you can test if your projects open okay. Plus you could bring it to your friends Mac if you really run into trouble.

I hope this works for you. Also you could call Apple, or run by the Apple store for this issue also.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Sep 25, 2011 at 5:42:15 am

Sorry didn't scroll down. I see you have configuration. Still, what OS?

Return to posts index

Anthony Melendez
on Sep 25, 2011 at 5:40:51 pm

I am in 10.6.8 and no, a have not tried disk permission repair. I will try that. Thanks, i will let you know.

Anthony Melendez

Return to posts index

Titus ONeill
on Sep 25, 2011 at 7:53:23 am

Why not just revert to your last time machine back up and finish the project? I wouldn't waste time trying to fix a problem with a deadline in front of me that could be dealt with later.

" As soon as I think of something good, I will quote myself."
Titus

Return to posts index

Anthony Melendez
on Sep 25, 2011 at 5:55:56 pm

Although I have updated all the projects to 10.0.1, Will this work?
I am not working on Lion , just Snow Leopard. Is this posible, or just on Lion?

Anthony Melendez

Return to posts index

Geert van den Berg
on Sep 25, 2011 at 3:08:20 pm

I'd pop in a fresh hard disk in the internal bays of your Mac or an external with a fresh installation of OS X and FCPX. Can be done in an hour and it will almost certainly work, unless there's some sort of hardware conflict going on. If you're in a hurry there's little time to experiment. It's always a good thing to have freshly cloned system at hand for these kind of situations.

Return to posts index

Geert van den Berg
on Sep 25, 2011 at 3:10:17 pm

One thing. Keep in mind the time needed to re-download FCPX. I don't know how fast your Internet connection is.

Return to posts index

Anthony Melendez
on Sep 25, 2011 at 5:57:26 pm

This sounds like a good advise. I will buy a new disk and try this.
Thanks!

Anthony Melendez

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 25, 2011 at 6:05:29 pm

Trash the preferences.

Return to posts index

Anthony Melendez
on Sep 25, 2011 at 6:15:43 pm

I did for FCPX or do you mean the systems? Of so what software can I use?
I did use Inteligence Rebelion for FCPX but for the systems preference don't know what to
do.
thanks for your help.

Anthony Melendez

Return to posts index

Anthony Melendez
on Sep 28, 2011 at 3:20:00 pm

Hi guys. I installed a new hard drive with fresh OS and FCPX. Everything is great.
Today I encountered the same problem again. When I try to copy a few clips, FCPX crashes again and again.
Well, I started to troubleshoot this with patience.
The conclusion, I noticed that when I selected various clips to copy and then paste, when there is a transition then FCPX crashes (I was using the Swap transition). I did the same selection with out selecting the transition, and viola! no crash.
I think that clips with transition can not be copied.
Thanks to you all that help me with this matter.

Anthony Melendez

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]