APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Not all meta-data available to be filtered?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Barnes
Not all meta-data available to be filtered?
on Sep 12, 2011 at 3:32:30 am

I just finished Reading Philips Hodgetts Book on Final Cut X and meta-data. It had some really interesting possibilities at the end for the future but one thing that struck me is odd was a note he made about the info tab on the clips and the metadata views. In the Info Panel you have all this clip and other meta data and can even add unique fields but not all of this meta data is not filterable by Smart Collections or the Find Filter. So my question is what is the point of having all this meta-data if you can only view it on a clip by clip basis?

Has anyone found a way to filter based on this extended meta data?

On the same note if you add a custom meta-tag is there a way to delete it and not just remove it from the view?

I am not bound by what is possible.

Return to posts index

Ben Scott
Re: Not all meta-data available to be filtered?
on Sep 12, 2011 at 2:35:33 pm

theres no way to filter like you are suggesting, wish there was

the whole thing has potential but unsure why they didnt implement in the same way as Aperture works e.g. proper smart collections, GPS additions to footage, export of metadata out of program to social media, proper copy paste metadata

also I am unsure if metadata mapping is happening properly with content like p2 cards, this would be interesting to know if it works

also pretty sure there is no metadata templates like there was in final cut server, shame, that is what is really needed.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Sep 12, 2011 at 7:14:22 pm

I have a hunch that the full use of metadata is not yet implemented. I can't help but think there will be a server like program for FCPX. It may well be that Philip Hodgetts himself may find ways to utilize the metadata.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 12, 2011 at 11:05:22 pm

I agree that it's just not all enabled yet.

It'd be silly to have all this metadata come in and have it not be useful.

Return to posts index

Scott Barnes
on Sep 16, 2011 at 12:03:15 am

I agree I just wanted to make sure there was not something I was over looking.

I am not bound by what is possible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]