APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Auto-analysis worthless?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten Ranmar
Auto-analysis worthless?
on Sep 4, 2011 at 7:48:00 am

I have played around some time with the auto-analysis feature in FCPX but find that the results are mostly useless. For example the color balance is mostly almost unnoticable, and does not try to correct for over/ under exposure, which would have been useful. The audio enhancements don't seem to work either. I have used Soundtrack Pro for removing background noise with success, but FCPX doesn't seem to be abke to locate the background noise, and there is no way to do this manually, which would at least be a professional option.

- No Parking Production -

2 x Finalcut Studio3, 2 x MacPro, 2 x ioHD, Server w. X-Raid

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Auto-analysis worthless?
on Sep 4, 2011 at 9:14:53 am

Analysis for color does luma correction as well. I find the color balance when it's activated after analysis a little desaturated and blue for my taste.

Background noise reduction works for me. As in STP I find the flanging a little excessive and have to back off the percentage a little.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2011 "Complete Training for FCPX" from Class on Demand
"Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]