APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Dual mono workflow for ENG

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Tureck
Dual mono workflow for ENG
on Aug 17, 2011 at 3:40:24 pm

I use FCP for broadcast news, and I edit in dual mono. At the end of the day, I have to be able to play out a story where the reporter track is on one channel, and all other audio is mixed to the second channel. Simple to do in 7...is there any way to do this in X?

Also, when I put a clip shot in dual mono on the timeline in X, I have to go into the inspector to turn off the channel I don't want. Is there a quicker way to do this?

thanks

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Dual mono workflow for ENG
on Aug 17, 2011 at 6:32:08 pm

If your clip is Dual Mono you can use Break Apart function and you will have a separate clip for each audio channel in the Storyline. There's no sync indicators so you have to be careful at that point but you can act on each independently such as use the "v" key to disable one audio channel.

I'm hoping Apple does something in the next release to handle Dual Mono because I do think it should be part of FCPX's current target market. I'd like, for example, Dual Mono tracks to both be available when using Expand Audio/Video command rather than having to Break Apart.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]