APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Compound Clips: Why doesn't this work? Not understanding the workflow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Berez
Compound Clips: Why doesn't this work? Not understanding the workflow
on Jul 13, 2011 at 2:30:54 pm

So, I have three sync'd up scenes. (Yes, a dumbed down multicam). I compound them as one compound clip. I log the clip using markers. Now I would like to cut the compound clip into pieces and restore/expand the compound clip so I can access the three tracks (I know I shouldn't use that word). When the compound clip expands I get the entire compound clip with no markers, not cuts.

Clearly, I'm not getting something. Can anyone explain?

Thanks, David.

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
Re: Compound Clips: Why doesn't this work? Not understanding the workflow
on Jul 13, 2011 at 4:08:19 pm

Hi,

when you cut the compound clip (I imagine you use blade for that), you effectively create 3 compound clips.

If I understand what you want to do I think you must create the compound clip with all three cameras, open it in timeline first, and then add markers, blade the "tracks" and remove the unwanted parts.

hope this helps and does not add to your confusion, guess we're all a bit confused at the moment ;-)

patrice

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Compound Clips: Why doesn't this work? Not understanding the workflow
on Jul 13, 2011 at 9:17:34 pm

Yeah do the editing inside the compound clip, not outside. And remember you can create these right in the Event Browser, not just on a Project Timeline.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]