APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Add Music Folder

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil McClure
Add Music Folder
on Jul 12, 2011 at 5:19:18 am

Does anybody know how to add a Folder to the Music and Sound section. I have a Folder on another disc that has all my music and effects tracks and I would like to access them through the FCPX interface rather than import them.

FCPx I Motion 5 I Adobe CS5 I XDCAM EX1

Return to posts index

sven geudens
Re: Add Music Folder
on Jul 12, 2011 at 8:29:30 am

Hi Neil

i created several alias from my non-iTunes music folders and sound fx folders on an external drive.
I then placed these alias into your drive/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Final Cut Pro Sound Effects (maybe there's another location?)
Works, but doesn't give you the option to open/close folders. It shows everything in a very long list.

You can also create a new folder in your events library and then create a new event for every music or sound collection in that folder. To keep an overview it's best to import every cd in it's own event.

These are the 2 options i know

[s]

broadcast post-production editor

Return to posts index

Tapio Haaja
on Jul 12, 2011 at 8:55:42 am

Copy your sfx folder under Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Final Cut Pro Sound Effects/ or if you have huge library you don't want to copy simply make alias of your current sfx folder and simply copy alias under Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Final Cut Pro Sound Effects/

Best
Tapio Haaja

Return to posts index

Neil McClure
on Jul 13, 2011 at 7:04:30 am

Thanks Sven and Tapio, that works well, and I must say a very good feature of FCPX.

FCPx I Motion 5 I Adobe CS5 I XDCAM EX1

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Jul 13, 2011 at 9:13:30 pm

You can also just drag any files or folders you want directly from a Finder window to the Photos Browser or the Music and Sounds Browser - quite a bit easier.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

David Weingarten
on Aug 7, 2011 at 7:16:09 pm

Hi Mark,
When I drag any file to the Photo or Music and Sound browser, I get a green plus sign but the browser remains empty. Even after the content up date. the files are there in the audio library but the music and sound browser does not see it. Any advice?

Dave

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Aug 7, 2011 at 8:02:53 pm

You need to drag a folder of files to the Photos Browser. I'm no longer able to get audio files into the Music and Sound Browser, either as individual files or a folder, but I was sure I had done it before - I'll see if I can fool around with it some more.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

David Weingarten
on Aug 7, 2011 at 8:31:31 pm

Mark,

I just had one of those "Yeah! It's not just me!" Moments,
Thanks. I'll keep trying stuff too. I know we can drag the file directly from finder to the time line. but being able to pull it from the interface browser seems so much easier and, yes, cooler.

Dave

Return to posts index

Jeroen Teelen
on Sep 24, 2011 at 8:07:51 pm

Hi,

Perhaps things have changed, but I tried to copy alliasses in lib-directories AND tried to drag alliasses directly, but nothing happens....

So plse help!

rgds,
Jeroen Teelen

Return to posts index

Leo Telles
on Sep 27, 2011 at 9:31:36 pm

I`m using 10.0.1 and that thing of just dragging the folder into the music browser worked very well.

But still have "iLife Sound Effects", "Apple Loops For Soundtrack Pro" and another extra Final Cut Pro Sound Effects, and the three folder are grayed out.
Any way that i can delete it/.

Return to posts index

Leo Telles
on Sep 28, 2011 at 4:40:44 am

*And the folders that you add directly they`re put in a new folder called "FOLDERS" and you cannot rename it.

Weird

Return to posts index

Jeroen Teelen
on Sep 28, 2011 at 10:45:43 am

Yes, I saw that the folder was added below later BUT...
As I use all stock materials on separate audio and video NAS-units, all browsing became so terribly slow that I eventualy deleted these folders and from now on will have them accessed through finder, so it will not kill my fcpx activity. I think that's a shame or am I too hasty and is fcp slow because of a 1-time indexing action?

rgds
Jeroen Teelen

Return to posts index

Richard Jacana
on Apr 5, 2013 at 4:13:33 am

Update - For 10.0.8 - this works

Copy your sfx folder under Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Final Cut Pro Sound Effects/

Dragging folder in FCPx, nope.

Return to posts index

Emmanuel Tenenbaum
on Jun 4, 2013 at 9:44:11 am

It still works but you have to drag the folder in the PHOTO tab of FCPX. Then the music will appear in your audio library

Emmanuel Tenenbaum
http://emmanueltenenbaum.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]