APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Issue moving grouped clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer
Issue moving grouped clips
on Jan 3, 2013 at 1:15:55 pm

Hi,

Did search, but couldn't find the answer to this one. For some reason FCPX groups clips together with a black bar within the timelime, only secondary cutaway clips tho.

When they are grouped like this, I cannot move them to another place on the timeline without copying them and pasting them somewhere else. I cannot seem to remove this black bar either.

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Issue moving grouped clips
on Jan 3, 2013 at 1:38:21 pm

Are you talking about a secondary storyline?

A screen grab might help.

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
on Jan 3, 2013 at 1:40:24 pm

Yes, above the primary storyline. Where several clips get grouped together. Usually because you have applied a transition to one end and the other end automatically has a transition applied to, then all clips are grouped.

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 3, 2013 at 1:57:30 pm

That's a secondary storyline and is required for connected clips that have transitions.

Simply grab the 'shelf' or the black bar, and you can move the group wherever you'd like.

You can move the clips out of the secondary, but they will be simple connected clips at that point and won't be able to carry a transition.

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
on Jan 3, 2013 at 1:58:27 pm

Thanks, but that is the issue. I cannot move it where ever I like. It simply snaps back to where it was.

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 3, 2013 at 2:02:14 pm

With the arrow tool selected, you have to grab the shelf, not a clip in the secondary.

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
on Jan 3, 2013 at 2:03:14 pm

Ah I see. Sorry was grabbing clip! Thanks!

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]