APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Best way of down converting footage to 300x240?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer
Best way of down converting footage to 300x240?
on Dec 16, 2012 at 9:55:23 am

Hi,

We've got a 1920x1080 film we'd like to use as a video advert on LinkedIn. Ive tried the old trick of rendering out a comp 300x240 in AE and opening up in the timeline to create a project of the same size in FCPX so I can render out of there, but the quality is shocking.

I could place the footage in AE at that comp size and render out, then straight into compressor I guess. Not sure this will produce much better results tho?

Kind regards,

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Best way of down converting footage to 300x240?
on Dec 16, 2012 at 10:30:16 am

You should scale the master file in Compressor.

All the best,

Tom

"Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press
"Complete Training for FCPX" from Class on Demand
Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Dec 16, 2012 at 8:35:02 pm

LinkedI's video system encourages working through Box.net.

Personally, I'm getting kinda tired of needing to maintain half a dozen separate services to do the same basic thing.

I already pay for accounts with Vimeo Pro, Dropbox and iCloud all of which allow video serving of one form or another - so I'm loathe to add yet another video server system to my life.

So I'd go the direction of just putting a notice on your LinkedIn site directing interested parties to your primary web site and host your business videos there.

Then Linked-In does their job (business to business connection) and I you can better control your job of (promoting your services via your own portal.

The Box.net solution clearly solves problems (and provides benefits) for Linked-In. But at the expense of providing simpler solution choices for their members

Fair since these are for profit businesses - but not as customer friendly as things could be, IMO.

If Linked-In was REALLY smart, they'd be knocking on Apple's door to get their service supported inside the FCP-X Share menu next to Vimeo, YouTube and Facebook. THAT would be a monster win for Linked-In.

FWIW.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
on Dec 16, 2012 at 9:16:53 pm

Thanks. Interestingly I went to all huge effort of resizing and all the ad asked for was a YouTube link, no mention of aspect ratio!

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]