APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Rogue audio track keeps playing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Powell
Rogue audio track keeps playing
on Oct 25, 2012 at 6:47:06 am

This sounds weird but I have a track playing that I want to trim out and cannont find from where it is coming in the timeline. It is tied to a multi-clip. I've basically disabled every clip and it continues to play through the story line where there are no related to clip. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

David Powell
Re: Rogue audio track keeps playing
on Oct 25, 2012 at 6:53:16 am

Well I figured where it was coming from but the source disappears in the timeline and shows no visual for the length that its playing. Nor could I seem to expand it. I guess this part of magnetism that I have to learn as well as lack of audio mixer.

Return to posts index

Jeff Krieger
on Feb 11, 2020 at 6:46:19 pm

What'd you do? I'm having the same issue. ☹

Return to posts index

Terry Barnum
on Feb 11, 2020 at 8:10:54 pm

We ran into something like this once, but it was several FCPX versions ago. A "ghost" audio track that played but was not visible in the timeline. We ended up copying the project into a new project then the audio clip became visible and we were able to remove it. Strange.

-Terry

Return to posts index

Jeff Krieger
on Feb 11, 2020 at 8:14:27 pm

Thx, Terry!

I fixed it. Here's what I ended up doing. I knew the clip name, so I searched for it in the Index. Found it. Deleted it. That seemed to solve it.

I believe things got a little corrupted when I initially dragged the audio clip into the timeline...FCPX crashed right at that point. When I went back in, there was no file in the timeline, yet it played.

Hopefully this can help others if ever. Thanks for your suggestion as well. That seems like a great solution, too.

Thx again,
Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]