APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

any other options for xml from FCPX to 7?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Pfau
any other options for xml from FCPX to 7?
on Aug 28, 2012 at 1:26:32 pm

Anyone have a line on an app besides Xto7 that is being developed to export from X to FCP7, that might work? I Love cutting on X, but have to deliver projects in 7. Xto7 has issues that I've notified developer of and for now at least, I've had zero luck with any number of trials. 422HQ 1080p 29.97 timelines get about a minute translated halfway okay, XDCAM EX 720p60 exports only bring in 1 frames of clips into FCP7, but in-points no where near accurate.

Hopefully they'll get that worked out, might try again if they do but. Heads up, the app is 49.99 and it's sort of a drill to get to the links to Apple to get a refund.

Xto7 won't deal with compound clips or additional story lines which I find odd, since conceptually they are but nested sequences. Apple would be wise to help facilitate this. Many of us still have to deliver in FCP7 or PremierePro. It would be a Godsend to simply be able to edit in X then conform out to whatever system our clients need.

Davinci Resolve seems to pull in the video clips from an fcpxml all right, and I've been able to export an xml into 7 that holds the video at least, too bad the audio gets left behind. Point being, the fact that Resolve can get it makes me think it's doable with the audio. On a picture only thing, I've sent into Resolve to send out an xml that 7 can read, but, that doesn't help anyone cutting a show with, say...hmmm like audio.

Anyone had any luck with EDL-X? to try and get from X to 7?

If anyone has tried anything that works, would love to hear about it.

Tony Pfau
Editor / Director-Producer
http://avpfilms.net

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: any other options for xml from FCPX to 7?
on Aug 28, 2012 at 3:51:52 pm

What exactly do you have to deliver?

Return to posts index

Tony Pfau
on Aug 28, 2012 at 3:56:33 pm

TV show that must print to tape delivered on FCP7, which I can do if I stay in FCP7 or Premiere but would really like to originate in X, just out trying to find if anyone has a line on X to 7 fcpxml translation that actually works for 720p60.

Tony Pfau
Editor / Director-Producer
http://avpfilms.net

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 28, 2012 at 4:00:42 pm

And you have to deliver a project file and media or just layoff the show to tape?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 28, 2012 at 9:28:08 pm

[Tony Pfau] "Xto7 won't deal with compound clips or additional story lines which I find odd, since conceptually they are but nested sequences."

And FCP was "rock solid" when it came to nesting. (heavy sarcasm)

FCP was always HORRIBLE with nested sequences. And media managing them? WORSE! SO I can see how FCP 7 would have issues importing nested sequences from X. They are VERY different. Xto7 even states that their software isn't perfect, it won't convert everything, and things need to be in specific formats in order to work properly (or was that 7 to X?)

Things are a lot easier for those of us who use FCP 7 and need to deliver Avid media and project files. Automatic Duck does an amazing job. It also helps that much of the same editing language is shared between the apps. X and FCP 7 are night and day. Oranges and Apples.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]