APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Read Along Highlight

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Strac
Read Along Highlight
on Aug 15, 2012 at 5:15:24 pm

I have to do a read along book video. Unfortunately, the project was made in FCX from the get go so I am stuck to finish it there.

I need the text to highlight along with the words. The previous editor has everything typed out and done except for this color change to yellow.

If this where done with studio 3 or 2 I would export the text track and drop an moving mask on a top layer to move with the audio and reveal the underlying yellow track. I'm not even sure if that would work I've never done anything like this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm hoping I just don't know the easy way to do it but I have feeling no matter what it's a b****

Return to posts index

T. Payton
Re: Read Along Highlight
on Aug 15, 2012 at 11:54:45 pm

You're idea would work just fine, but there is a much better way in FCP X. You could build a Title generator that could allow you to keyframe the highlighting of individual words.

I'm not a Motion guru (there are many here) but I took 5 minutes and created a simple yellow highlighter that highlights one word at a time automatically during the duration of the title.

4536_yellowhighlight.zip

Pop this is in ~Movies/Motion Templates/Titles and then you'll find it in your Title browser. Then you can play around with it and see how it works. To apply it to text that was already made, just drag and release over an existing text object and choose "replace from start".

Of course this won't work perfectly for your need, but I'll bet someone else on the board can help.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
on Aug 20, 2012 at 1:15:10 pm

I am going to try this out now. Thanks so much for taking time out to offer help I'm very grateful

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
on Aug 20, 2012 at 1:26:42 pm

Holy crap it's almost perfect because the title is set to the duration of the audio statement, it's damn near perfect in timing of the highlight each word. But it's highlighting the punctuation, I don't have motion 10.0.5 so I can't open it yet until the update is done. How did you make that, what perimeter in motion did you set?

Return to posts index

T. Payton
on Aug 20, 2012 at 4:02:28 pm

Glad it is close to what you need. Let me try to mess with it today and see what I can figure out for controlling which word is highlighted.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

T. Payton
on Aug 22, 2012 at 10:20:10 pm

Haven't forgotten about you. I posted this question in the Motion forum.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/170/872010

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]