APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Opening Project on new computer not opening

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Strac
Opening Project on new computer not opening
on Aug 9, 2012 at 4:07:52 pm

I got a drive from production house with final cut x projects on it. I am trying to open the project and it loads into the viewer but non of the project information shows up. Every clip is off line and all the media is on the drive. In the browser the final cut events project on the external drive is not there.

I would appreciate advice

Return to posts index

Kyle Bass
Re: Opening Project on new computer not opening
on Aug 9, 2012 at 4:57:28 pm

The Final Cut Events folder and the Final Cut Projects folder are two discrete things. So, you can see the Final Cut Projects folder on the external drive in the Finder, yes? What about the Final Cut Events folder? If you are missing the Final Cut Events folder, there is your problem. The Events folder is the meat of the project, it is where all the media used by the project is stored. The Projects folder only houses the project file itself and render files.

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
on Aug 9, 2012 at 6:24:26 pm

Yes every single folder is there and the media, everything was copied over. I confidently know I have all the files needed its just when I open the project file it loads video into the viewer but timeline information is missing, reconnect will not work even though media is there it's greyed out, and when I go in browser it says "no final cut events on drive" even though they are. Bottom line it opens but all the meta data is missing

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 9, 2012 at 6:49:33 pm

The Final Cut Events folder is at the root of the drive?

Screen grabs might help us to see.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
on Aug 9, 2012 at 7:10:50 pm

I dont know if I can even add screen grabs but no its not the root of drive. The drive goes as follows...

Syner(Drive)>Bully/Final Cut Events/Final Cut Projects/Syner>(My files are in Bully)

Bully>23 folders in that list Final Cut Events & Projects

My information in in the Projects Folder>21 Folders in this

Is it possible that if I where to reorganize everything properly because this post house dosen't know how to media manage this could help? does the fcs events need to be the root

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
on Aug 9, 2012 at 7:24:58 pm

Son of a b***!

Thank you so much I gave it a wack and it worked great! It's fixed thanks again saved my ass

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 9, 2012 at 7:33:01 pm

With locally connected drives, the Final Cut Projects and Final Cut Evebts folders should be at root level.

So Drive name > Final Cut Events > Bully should be the structure.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
on Aug 9, 2012 at 7:35:12 pm

Thanks again man. I'm apple master certified in all previous versions but x is like a forigen language to me. Thanks my boss was very frustrated

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 9, 2012 at 10:07:01 pm

[Grant Strac] "Thanks again man. I'm apple master certified in all previous versions but x is like a forigen language to me. Thanks my boss was very frustrated"

X is different, certainly.

At first, I thought the media structure was rather rigid, now that I understand it better, I actually think it will be pretty good.

It needs some work and options, and I'm hoping it'll get there. If you have a file based SAN, the structure makes even more sense.

Give it a bit of time before making any decisions. ;)

Glad you're up and running,

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]