APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Cutting through all "tracks" on the timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ellie Krnich
Cutting through all "tracks" on the timeline
on Jul 4, 2011 at 9:18:18 pm

Hey folks -

Is there any way to make a cut straight through every clip your playhead is touching without having to single-click on each clip first? In legacy FCP, it was Ctrl-V. In FCPx, the shortcut has been supposedly replaced with Cmd-B. Except it doesn't work the same way. It only cuts the bottom layer that the playhead is touching, even if there are multiple clips stacked on top of each other. If I click and highlight all the clips that the playhead is touching, then it was cut through them. But doing this this adds a lot of extra mouse clicks.

Any help would be awesome :) I use Ctrl-V all the time in legacy in FCP for this particular reason, and I am terribly missing it.

Thanks,
Ellie

Return to posts index

Travis Detweiler
Re: Cutting through all "tracks" on the timeline
on Jul 4, 2011 at 9:58:01 pm

I do cmd+a and then cmd+b. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Ellie Krnich
on Jul 4, 2011 at 10:34:15 pm

This sounds like the best solution for now! I hope Apple fixes this! Thank you for your input!

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Jul 5, 2011 at 12:26:09 am

That doesn't work for me. It only works if the clips under the playhead are selected. If aother clips not under the playhead/skimmer are selected Cmd-B does nothing.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Flavio G. García
on Jul 4, 2011 at 9:59:21 pm

Workaround:

Select everything on the Timeline, make a compound clip, do the cut, and finally, uncollapse everything again.

La Moviola Digital.

Return to posts index

Brendan Gibbons
on Jul 4, 2011 at 10:01:45 pm

Like you mentioned, you can only achieve the "blade all" functionality of fcp7 inside of X by doing a lasso selection of the tracks stacked on top of each other, then peform a command+B.

Cheers,

Brendan

Return to posts index

Vikram Reddy
on Apr 19, 2013 at 8:11:29 am

Shift+cmd+b can cut all the clips under the play head,
it also cut where the skimmer is placed but make sure that the skimmer is above all the clips (or) disable the clip skimming opt+cmd+s.

i am using fcpx 10.0.8 version.

b - select blade tool
cmd+b - cut the clip which is in the story line (or) the selected clip (or)
shift+cmd+b - cut all the clips, it is same as clrt+v in fcp 7

*VIKRAM*
MOVIE and AD film Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]