APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Where is the old "Frame Viewer" for colour correction?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Astrid Karlsson
Where is the old "Frame Viewer" for colour correction?
on Jun 7, 2012 at 9:54:31 am

I looked/googled first but couldn't find how to have a frame viewer in FCPX - as I did in 7 - which I can load a previous edit, or In point to compare side-by-side with my current correction.

How do I do this?
Thanks.

Astrid.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Where is the old "Frame Viewer" for colour correction?
on Jun 7, 2012 at 1:43:08 pm

[Astrid Karlsson] "How do I do this?"

You can't. There's nothing like that (yet) in the current design of X. Apple has announced a multi-function dual-viewer feature in the next update. Maybe that might be something included as part of such a feature.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
Re: Where is the old "Frame Viewer" for colour correction?
on Jun 7, 2012 at 5:56:06 pm

A very simple work around to this feature omission is to place a copy of the shot you want to refer to above the shot you are correcting and use the crop tool to partition the frame.

You can then see half of each frame. Sure it's not ideal but it temporarily gets around the problem.

Another method is, with show detailed trimming information turned on in the preferences window, temporarily park the clip you want to compare to next to the clip you are correcting and click on the end of the clip as if you were going to carry out a trimming operation, you will then see both clips displayed in 2 monitors above the timeline.

Again not ideal but . . . .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]