APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Two Mysteries

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Smith
Two Mysteries
on Jul 2, 2011 at 5:14:58 pm

On a Mac Pro. FCPX will not Undo. Ever. Always greyed out. That is, until I restart the app. Is there anything I could have done accidentally to tell FCPX to stop the tracking of Undo and Redo?

I experimented with letting FCPX fix some audio. That changed my stereo channels from playing independent levels in the meter to both being centered and bouncing in unison. Can't make the audio change back. I compare the audio settings with clips I used before experimenting with audio and there's no setting that's different. I hit the crooked arrows to reset all audio settings but no joy. Re-starting the app doesn't fix that one.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Two Mysteries
on Jul 2, 2011 at 5:28:58 pm

This seems to happen when the autosave function is not working. You might want to test to see if it is saving after you close the application and reopen it. You might try trashing the preferences, the plist files associated with it.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Michael Garber
on Jul 2, 2011 at 8:59:34 pm

Don,
Last night I had the same issue with undos getting greyed out. My guess is that it's a bug. It seemed to start when I went into the Transform Effect mode. Or the old wireframe mode. I was also dealing with second layer generators and titles. What were you doing when this happened?

Not sure why your audio isn't being recognized. Haven't had that problem... yet. ;)

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Jul 3, 2011 at 2:41:35 am

Michael. Yes, I was learning the Transform effect when I noticed that Undo was disabled! Can't guarantee that's when it started, but that's when I noticed it. I hadn't gotten to experimenting with Transform until then. Maybe we've uncovered a bug. Tomorrow I'm going to test to see if its repeatable.

Thanks very much.

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

samir kassab
on Jul 21, 2011 at 12:49:33 pm

I have the same problem,the undo stoped working after I was using transform effect!Later on , FCPX crashed and there is nothing saved ever since the undo stoped responding!this is really annoying,since there is no way to manually save,and some time might pass until u use the undo , then u realize that nothing is saved ...I hope they fix this soon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]