FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error When Exporting Timeline to AVID

COW Forums : PluralEyes

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Evan Muehlbauer
Error When Exporting Timeline to AVID
on Sep 11, 2015 at 6:39:08 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm having an issue exporting from PuralEyes to Avid. I imported an AAF from Avid (2 camera tracks), and PluralEyes was actually able to synchronize most of the shots. However, when I tried to export the synced timeline back to Media Composer, an error message came up saying "Error Exporting AAF File". Now, I've already done this multiple times with my other footage using the same settings and never had a problem. The only difference with this footage (and I wonder if this is the cause) is that it was shot 23.98p, but my project is 29.97p, so I had to transcode and convert the frame rate in Avid. I thought this might give me problems, but like I said, PluralEyes was able to sync it. My only problem is exporting the new AAF back to Media Composer. Thoughts?

Evan

Return to posts index

Jeremy Xido
Re: Error When Exporting Timeline to AVID
on Aug 24, 2018 at 5:06:51 pm

Hey - did you ever figure this out?

I'm having a similar problem. I have a project that I've successfully been able to export media composer AAFs for, but occasionally I will hit a timeline in which I get the "Error exporting AAF" notice. It is often the same media, same settings. I can't quite figure out what the variable is.

I am runnin Avid 8.5.1
Pluraleyes 3.3.4
Mac OS Sierra 10.12

working with transcoded material

Return to posts index

Evan Muehlbauer
on Aug 24, 2018 at 6:05:24 pm

Hi Jeremy,

This was a few years ago, and unfortunately I don't remember what I ended up doing. Since this was just a fraction of my media that wouldn't go back to Avid, it's possible that I ended up doing an unpleasant workaround, like manually syncing the problem media. (Since I don't recall a solution, this is possible.) If you are dealing with a lot of footage, this may not be particularly helpful to you. I'll look into my e-mail history and see if maybe if I got some helpful information on an Avid forum.

Is your problem media from the same source/camera as the media that exported successfully? I believe the transcodes that I had problems with were converted from 23.98 to 29.97.

Evan

Return to posts index

Jeremy Xido
on Aug 24, 2018 at 7:07:45 pm

Hey Evan,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The problem media is the same source/camera. That's what is so confounding.

It is a relatively small portion of the over all exports, so yes, I have been planning on doing manual syncing wherever possible. But it's happening enough that this will turn into an actually pain in the butt instead of a mild inconvenience.

If you find any info in your email chains from back in the day, please let me know.

much appreciated!

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Evan Muehlbauer
on Aug 25, 2018 at 8:59:10 pm

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any solutions from the Avid boards. I probably synced manually. If you do find a solution, I'd be curious to know what you find. Good luck!

Evan

Return to posts index

Jeremy Xido
on Aug 30, 2018 at 12:51:32 am

Will definitely let you know. But so far, no luck...

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]