APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

FCP X on tour with The Rolling Stones, Coldplay, etc.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Davis
FCP X on tour with The Rolling Stones, Coldplay, etc.
on Nov 30, 2017 at 10:25:48 pm

http://www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/articles/2022-james-tonkin-tours-with-the-b...

James Tonkin is killing it on the road with the biggest acts in music.

Lots of details and links here.

Enjoy.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: FCP X on tour with The Rolling Stones, Coldplay, etc.
on Nov 30, 2017 at 10:29:56 pm

Really great article, thanks for linking it Bill

"Traditional NLEs have timelines. FCPX has storylines" W.Soyka

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Dec 2, 2017 at 8:37:44 pm

Incredible to see what can be done with a two man team on tour. Interesting that they get the clips out to social media in time to beat the iphone uploads and they are shooting in 4k or above. Professional is almost not a strong enough description.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Dec 7, 2017 at 6:43:36 pm

Thanks for the article, Bill.

James' mandate to only shoot in 4K and higher resolution and the 'Mac Pro in a bag' travel kit is certainly on the opposite side of the spectrum from the 'I shot, edited and delivered using only my iPad' stories that get a lot of Internet buzz. I think this is a good example of how the changes we are seeing in the industry are more along the lines of the an expansion of industry into new realms as opposed to the new replacing the old.

I wonder what James' take on the iMac Pro is and what he'd like to see in the next Mac Pro.

-Andrew

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Dec 7, 2017 at 7:17:01 pm

I have met James several times and we have been discussing the iMacPros and new MacPros. He will definitely get one or more iMacPros for his studio. I have seen the iMacPro at work, I was very pleasantly surprised with what I have seen, and I have advised him to get the 10-core version because IMO that's the sweet spot for his kind of work.

He uses the current MacPro on the road because of its power combined with the form factor. Wether the new MacPro will be something for him will mainly depend on wether he will be able to take it on the road or not. An iMacPro is certainly out of the question for this.

I fully agree that this is a great example of how high-end workflows can perfectly fit in the online distribution story. One does not exclude the other, it's just another platform for great content.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]