APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Steve Connor
Re: 10.3
on Oct 27, 2016 at 6:35:39 pm

IT HAS TRACKS! sorry "Lanes"

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Oct 27, 2016 at 6:40:28 pm

Looks good, Apple have clearly been listening.

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:43:04 pm

[Steve Connor] "Looks good, Apple have clearly been listening."

Yep! Lanes FTW. Looks good enough that I'm ready to give that damn timeline another chance! :)

linkedIn: http://lnkd.in/Cfz92F
vimeo: vimeo.com/album/2271696
web: propaganda.com
facebook: /dlawrence
twitter: @dhl

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:43:46 pm

Wasn't the idea of "Lanes" created on here?

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:47:21 pm

[Steve Connor] "Wasn't the idea of "Lanes" created on here?"

Could be. I know we talked a lot about the need for better organizing tools including lanes and color coding. Great to see Apple's been paying attention.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:48:39 pm

Arent lanes tracks?

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Oct 27, 2016 at 8:34:54 pm

[Ricardo Marty] "Arent lanes tracks?"

Like tracks but better. You get the visual organization of tracks but with the flexibility of metadata for clip assignment. I'm really excited by what I see here! :D

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 27, 2016 at 8:39:46 pm

[David Lawrence] "Like tracks but better. You get the visual organization of tracks but with the flexibility of metadata for clip assignment. I'm really excited by what I see here! :D"

And the ability to turn the feature on or off.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 27, 2016 at 8:00:18 pm

Use the wayback machine!

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/335/18676

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Oct 27, 2016 at 8:26:07 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Use the wayback machine!

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/335/18676"

Nice! :)

Return to posts index

Martin Curtis
on Oct 27, 2016 at 9:31:27 pm

You said 'zones'. Apple has 'lanes'. Completely different according to their lawyers :-)

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Oct 27, 2016 at 9:40:32 pm

When your tracks can be batch re-arranged with a click to bring just the ones you're currently working with to the top of your screen - you can call yours "lanes" too. Okay?
?

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Oct 27, 2016 at 11:30:19 pm

Lanes have been called Lanes since X came out. Has always been in the XML etc...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~I still need to play Track Tetris sometimes. An old game that you can never win~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Mike Warmels
on Oct 28, 2016 at 10:26:37 am

HAHAHA!!!

It has... they're putting a lot of 'old stuff' back in FCPX... Could it be that some NLE's with longer track record actually have/had something going for them, that some 'old paradigm' stuff actually made sense? ;-)

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 27, 2016 at 6:46:26 pm

Tentatively pleased. More audio tools always useful.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Oct 27, 2016 at 6:47:38 pm

It's there in Software Update and its only 600mb!!

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Oct 27, 2016 at 6:49:03 pm

Just jumped to 2.7Gb!!

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Oct 27, 2016 at 6:53:39 pm

Are secondary storylines gone? If you can roll trim adjacent connected clips it kind of makes them redundant in a lot of ways.

I wonder if you can trim more than one clip at a time now (beyond top/tail)? Lots of great looking improvements here. Looks like I'll be updating my home system to do some testing!

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 27, 2016 at 6:47:57 pm

They have that jump-cut-eliminating feature that Adobe has, and that I bought third-party a few months back. At the time I wondered if the lower price for the app was indicative of something to come... guess it was.

Return to posts index

nick ring
on Oct 27, 2016 at 8:26:33 pm

I'm excited to see that feature. I also bought the plugin on sale from MotionVFX. I like them and I'm sorry they got Sherlocked on this one, but it's good to see a native version. Perhaps it can be improved upon by third-party vendors.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Oct 27, 2016 at 6:57:35 pm

To be exact… Final Cut Pro 10.3, Motion 5.3 and Compressor 4.3.

- RK

Return to posts index

Misha Aranyshev
on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:04:01 pm

Is Replace on Playhead back?

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:05:40 pm

You have to be kidding!

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:08:41 pm

So far I see a lot of stills and only videos of finished projects. Where's all the videos demonstrating the individual features?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:10:04 pm

[Mark Suszko] "So far I see a lot of stills and only videos of finished projects. Where's all the videos demonstrating the individual features?"

http://www.rippletraining.com/articles/whats-new-final-cut-pro-x/

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:10:28 pm

Scroll down to the "Working with Roles" and "Timeline Index" section and click the thumbnail to play a video that demonstrates the features.

http://www.apple.com/final-cut-pro/whats-new/

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:12:07 pm

As someone that likes visual feed back/organization, I'm excited to see color coding and audio 'lanes'.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:14:38 pm

Just playing with it now, UI is much more responsive, I like the look so far. Looking forward to testing the new features.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:20:37 pm

Make sure you try the Roles Based Mixer feature (via CC) - it really is the killer feature IMHO.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:23:38 pm

Are these the things that were under NDA at NAB?

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:25:17 pm

When you’re done editing, convert your project to a Compound Clip to adjust volume and apply effects across an entire role.

This may not sound like much but it is in fact the standout feature. And something that's been requested by so many users for such a long time.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

James Culbertson
on Oct 27, 2016 at 8:06:29 pm

[Simon Ubsdell] "When you’re done editing, convert your project to a Compound Clip to adjust volume and apply effects across an entire role.

This may not sound like much but it is in fact the standout feature. And something that's been requested by so many users for such a long time."

Can you un-CC a role? This is really cool. But I would like to be able to go back and tweak things in the main timeline if needed, or even do sweetening along the way rather than at the end.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Oct 27, 2016 at 9:03:29 pm

You have to step inside the CC to make changes to the edit, and you can only actually monitor the audio mix when you're at the top level of the CC, which is a bit of a limitation, but otherwise it's great.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 27, 2016 at 8:12:49 pm

You can store Motion Templates inside the library now? That's kinda cool.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Oct 27, 2016 at 8:18:56 pm

So I would imagine Bill is due a very big "I told you so" soon? I think you deserve it Bill :)

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 27, 2016 at 8:23:34 pm

How do you navigate the clip selection up and down with keyboard?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 27, 2016 at 8:26:20 pm

Nevremind, "Select Above" and "Select Below" can be remapped.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Oct 27, 2016 at 9:04:35 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Oct 27, 2016 at 9:09:52 pm

Very nice of you Steve, but I deserve nothing. This is the vision and brainpower of the X team who have obviously kept their eyes on a picture bigger than just incrementing on what's already known. Only thing I can claim is justification for my faith that the X team was always working hard to improve things for their users. Pretty happy today. And typing this on the flight to Cupertino to see much more, I hope. Good times ahead!
PS, finally the "new look" dam has broken and I can get back to building out XinTwo - it's been SO frustrating for the past 6 months!

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Misha Aranyshev
on Oct 28, 2016 at 2:27:32 am

Why Replace on Playhead is such a sacrilege for FCPX crowd?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 27, 2016 at 9:17:05 pm

Anybody else notice what they added to Compressor? ?

Might help solve some DVD authoring problems.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 27, 2016 at 9:59:56 pm

What did they add to Compressor?

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Oct 27, 2016 at 10:47:10 pm

Did we have "Save Video or Audio Effects Preset" in the previous version? I don't see it on the new features list!

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Oct 28, 2016 at 1:52:59 am

Still no flatten MC clips. No trim to playhead. Nice features. Not enough to bring me back from PP.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Oct 28, 2016 at 2:22:54 am

[David Powell] " No trim to playhead. "

That's been there forever. OPTION [ or ]

~I still need to play Track Tetris sometimes. An old game that you can never win~

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Oct 28, 2016 at 2:32:28 am

That doesn't roll the cut. You still can't roll it and edit to music or a beat line avid /PP. You have to drag every cut with a mouse, or use apples clumsy excuse for "extend exit" which actually takes more time than just dragging. Also no two up display for trimming.

I'm curious whether they fixed the problem of using audio filters in the MC nest which created a cut noise on every edit. Another big reason I stopped using the software for multi cam projects.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 28, 2016 at 2:37:36 am

[David Powell] "That doesn't roll the cut. You still can't roll it and edit to music or a beat line avid /PP. You have to drag every cut with a mouse, or use apples clumsy excuse for "extend exit" which actually takes more time than just dragging."

Now you can select many clips, hit the hot keys and it rolls all the clips.

Watch this short video, it shows you at about :56

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Oct 28, 2016 at 2:52:17 am

That's called "top/tail". If only used fcp 7 before X or premier, you may not understand how the extend edit works. PP implemented it even better than avid in cc2014. With one hot key you can roll the exit to wherever the played is. With 7/X this isn't possible. Makes editing to music so much more enjoyable and faster.

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Oct 28, 2016 at 2:57:04 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "Now you can select many clips, hit the hot keys and it rolls all the clips.
"

You can select multiple clips and top/tail only. You still can't trim multiple clips at once, you can't select multiple clips with the keyboard, you can't slip/slide with the keyboard without first selecting a clip with the mouse, there's still no asymmetrical trim. It's a very small step in the right direction and I'm glad we have it, but FCPXs trim tools are still pretty abysmal. Especially if you compare them to Avid or Premiere.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:01:08 am

[Michael Hancock] "you can't slip/slide with the keyboard without first selecting a clip with the mouse,"

That's doable now, just need to map it to the KB

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:06:19 am

[Charlie Austin] "That's doable now, just need to map it to the KB"

Do tell. I can't find slip or slide in the keyboard editor, and have no idea what to search for otherwise.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:12:20 am

[Michael Hancock] "Do tell. I can't find slip or slide in the keyboard editor, and have no idea what to search for otherwise."

ah... yeah, still need to click for that (I think.. have to poke around some more) What you can do is select connected clips above/below the Primary kb using shortcuts now, no mouse hovering needed...

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:27:02 am

[Charlie Austin] "What you can do is select connected clips above/below the Primary kb using shortcuts now, no mouse hovering needed..."

Yeah, I've mapped that. It's an improvement, but they could have done much better. It's literally just moving your selection, with no option to select multiple clips. Still very, very mousy. I'd prefer it be able to select multiple clips, and be aware of the mode I'm in, like trim mode, and move selection based on that.

For example, if you're in trim mode already and have an edge selected and choose to move selection up it dumps you out of trim mode and moves the selection up, so you have to re-enter trim for that selected clip. And if you've selected a connected clip, then a trim edge, it doesn't matter if you chose "Select above" or "Select below" - it will always move the selection up. Might be a bug.

It's a good start. Hope it's not another five years before they improve it! Ha!

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:42:12 am

[Michael Hancock] "It's a good start. Hope it's not another five years before they improve it! Ha!"

lol... My hope is that, now that the Timeline/Roles/Lanes have been implemented, that we'll be able to get more KB selection happening. Being able to roll connected clips makes me think we will...

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:52:25 am

I hope so too. Being able to roll connected clips without having to make secondary storylines will cut the number of times I mumble curse words to myself in half!

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Oct 28, 2016 at 2:41:48 am

[David Powell] "You still can't roll it and edit to music or a beat line avid /PP. You have to drag every cut with a mouse, or use apples clumsy excuse for "extend exit" which actually takes more time than just dragging."

huh? select the edit, with \ , position playhead or skimmer if you haven't already, hit CMD X.

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Oct 28, 2016 at 2:56:46 am

Stop. Select Edit. Position Playhead. Use hotkey.

Like I said a "clumsy excuse for extend edit". This can be done in one stroke without stopping to edit naturally to a beat with PP/Avid.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:03:22 am

[David Powell] "Like I said a "clumsy excuse for extend edit". This can be done in one stroke without stopping to edit naturally to a beat with PP/Avid."

Yeah, I know how MC and PP work, but thanks.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 28, 2016 at 1:08:47 pm

I've run into two bugs so far in cursory testing - one old, one new.

Old - with dual displays, the skimmer/playhead loses focus for the pane it's supposed to be in. You think you are skimming in the timeline - the playhead moves with the mouse, but picture doesn't change in the viewer. Then you realize the focus has shifted to the browser, yet that clip isn't playing either. To fix this you have to click into the browser pane and then back into the timeline pane.

New - with custom project settings, such as 1920x800. The project thumbnail, when displayed in the viewer is distorted (slanted). When you play or resize the view it straightens out.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Oct 28, 2016 at 1:27:17 pm

I had a weird issue last night where hitting spacebar in the browser didn't play the clip, but instead twirled it down to reveal keywords/favorites/markers, etc... I trashed my preferences and restarted the program and the issue seems to have gone away. I'm thinking that rebuilding my keyboard settings from scratch would probably be wise.

The zoom bug is still there - if you remap Zoom In/Out to the up/down arrows the behavior is erratic and unusable. Bummed to see that hasn't been addressed.

Is anyone using 10.3 with Blackmagic hardware? Has that improved at all?

In other news, I exported a 1.5XML from 10.3 and imported it into 10.2.3 this morning and it came through without issues. It was an incredibly simply sequence, but it's good to know it worked.

Now - when do we get real background transcoding and rendering? :-)

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 28, 2016 at 2:27:24 pm

[Michael Hancock] "I trashed my preferences and restarted the program and the issue seems to have gone away. I'm thinking that rebuilding my keyboard settings from scratch would probably be wise.
"

Agreed. I would also expect it to be flaky in existing, upgraded projects (Libraries). Best to evaluate from a totally clean plate.

[Michael Hancock] "Is anyone using 10.3 with Blackmagic hardware? Has that improved at all?"

I am - and nope. Noticeably worse than Premiere Pro on the same machine.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Oct 28, 2016 at 2:56:17 pm

[Oliver Peters] "I am - and nope. Noticeably worse than Premiere Pro on the same machine.
"

Sigh. I wish I knew who was dropping the ball here . Blackmagic writing bad drivers for FCPX? Or Apple providing bad hooks for them? At least I'd know who to harass about it.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:16:47 pm

[Michael Hancock] "Sigh. I wish I knew who was dropping the ball here . Blackmagic writing bad drivers for FCPX? Or Apple providing bad hooks for them? At least I'd know who to harass about it.
"

Get yourself an AJA TTap. Plug it in when using FCPX. Plug your Blackmagic in when using Resolve. The AJA boxes work very well with FCPX. I'd imagine they have the same hooks as Blackmagic, but what do I know?

Then, if you're running HDMI out of any of those, get one of these: http://www.kanexpro.com/item/?id=SW-HD5X14K

This will give you remote based HDMI switching for ~$40 in 4k.

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:23:45 pm

You can have the AJA drivers and Blackmagic drivers installed on the same system and they don't cause any issues? That would be nice, and a testament to how far computing has come! I remember when you couldn't install more than one NLE on a computer without the risk of an epic meltdown. Is this how you're system is set up?

I think we have a T-Tap around here somewhere. I'll have to test it, since I can't give up Blackmagic since I need Resolve, but the Blackmagic/FCPX combo is heartbreakingly bad. Especially for client attended sessions when every other edit you have to restart several times until it "grabs" and plays back without issues.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:19:30 pm

[Michael Hancock] "Sigh. I wish I knew who was dropping the ball here "

Right now, the best performing machine I have access to, running FCPX, is my newish 15" Retina MBP - when it's disconnected from external devices of all kinds. It works better than the iMacs, old and new Mac Pros I've worked with, from what I can determine. OTOH - Premiere Pro feels much more fluid on these desktop machines and fine on the MBP, too.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:30:16 pm

[Oliver Peters] "when it's disconnected from external devices of all kinds. "

Does this include external RAIDs, or just video I/O devices? Interesting that a laptop outperforms them all.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:48:06 pm

[Michael Hancock] "Does this include external RAIDs, or just video I/O devices? Interesting that a laptop outperforms them all."

Yes. Just the laptop with media on the internal drive.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:29:43 pm

Is color finale on any clips?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:37:37 pm

Color Finale seems to work.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:49:39 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Color Finale seems to work."

Interesting. On the Color Finale Facebook beta page there seem to be a number of complaints.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 28, 2016 at 4:36:14 pm

The software came out yesterday afternoon, I haven't had time to do a thorough test, but I played with it, used color finale, and things were working. What specific complaints have been said, have they been vetted, or are they unhappy musings about life in general?

Is this a closed group or something? The posts I see are from Oct 25 or earlier?

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 28, 2016 at 8:42:28 pm

Working on a real job today with it. New everything (Library, computer, storage, clean installs on all apps). 700+ 4K Alexa clips. The browser UI gets corrupt occasionally where clip names disappear and leave a blank name field. Happens when you click on the clip to play. Close FCPX and relaunch fixes it. I was using the Organize workspace at the time.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Oct 28, 2016 at 8:44:53 pm

[Oliver Peters] "clip names disappear and leave a blank name field"

I've seen this. Once. Simply hitting ⌘0 fixed it. It's a bug though, yes. Even if a rare one.

- RK

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 28, 2016 at 10:06:01 pm

[Robin S. Kurz] "Simply hitting ⌘0 fixed it."

Thanks!

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 28, 2016 at 11:32:57 pm

I'm definitely seeing flakiness with existing (upgraded) Libraries. Things like the show/hide-browser/timeline commands not working right. Seems to be fine with brand new Libraries.

Is there a way to create custom Projects anymore? For example, in the past I could create a 1920x800 timeline. That doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Oct 29, 2016 at 12:22:52 am

[Oliver Peters] "Is there a way to create custom Projects anymore? For example, in the past I could create a 1920x800 timeline. That doesn't seem to be an option anymore."

Odd, for me it's right where it always was...

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 29, 2016 at 12:55:53 am

[Charlie Austin] "Odd, for me it's right where it always was..."

Duh! You're right. Brain fade. Thanks.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Oct 29, 2016 at 1:36:34 am

[Oliver Peters] "Duh! You're right. Brain fade. Thanks."

lol... been there. ? Probably about 3 times so far just today. Jumping between 2 NLE's at once is... fun! :-)

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Oct 29, 2016 at 3:00:25 pm

Considering the scale of the upgrade I would imagine we'll be seeing a few bugs, just report them when you find them. It's also good that people are posting them on here too. Perhaps we should start a separate thread?

Return to posts index

Mike Warmels
on Oct 29, 2016 at 6:34:35 pm

Well, after fiddling a bit with it for ten minutes... I had my first crash. It just popped of... Nothing's changed much. ;-)

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 29, 2016 at 7:06:24 pm

[Mike Warmels] "I had my first crash. "

I started a fresh project yesterday. Over 700 4K clips. It crashed after few minutes, but then after that was fine for the rest of the day. No problem on light testing on my home unit, other than the UI bugs I've mentioned. No crashes there. So I guess you have to chalk it up to standard software birthing issues.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Mike Warmels
on Oct 30, 2016 at 12:40:02 pm

Yes, that figures.

10.2 also crashed only once in a while. So I don't expect this to go away entirely. I just thought it was kinda funny: my first experience with 10.3.

Anyway, look forward to working with the audio lanes. To me the best improvement since FCPX allowed for more projects at once and a custom location for the Libraries.

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Oct 30, 2016 at 10:28:34 am

Backups definitely not working as it should. Especially updated libraries from previous iteration.could be my system I guess.

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Nov 1, 2016 at 12:29:56 pm

After a few days editing a simple little clip I am finding my eyes do not see the Cut and Blade marks on the timeline so well. Especially not the Blade marks.

It's very dark isn't it?

Or I need to wear glasses now probably.

Sorry to moan. I like everything else.

Feature request would be some kind of Tom Tom like functionality changing colours from daytime to night time.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Nov 1, 2016 at 3:30:30 pm
Last Edited By Robin S. Kurz on Nov 1, 2016 at 3:47:06 pm

[James Ewart] "It's very dark isn't it?"

So wouldn't simply changing the role to a lighter color help? ?

- RK

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Nov 1, 2016 at 7:33:30 pm

I don't think editing roles will allow you to change colour of primary storyline ... not on my system anyway.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Nov 1, 2016 at 7:38:35 pm

[James Ewart] "I don't think editing roles will allow you to change colour of primary storyline ... not on my system anyway."

Every clip has a video and/or audio role assigned to it. Every role has a selectable color. Therefore…

- RK

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Nov 1, 2016 at 7:42:39 pm
Last Edited By Charlie Austin on Nov 1, 2016 at 7:43:11 pm

[Robin S. Kurz] "[James Ewart] "I don't think editing roles will allow you to change colour of primary storyline ... not on my system anyway."

Every clip has a video and/or audio role assigned to it. Every role has a selectable color. Therefore…
"

You can change the color of Video Only Clips. Video with Audio components takes the color from the Audio Role. If the audio components have multiple Roles the Video (and collapsed embedded Audio components) are grey. :-)

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Nov 1, 2016 at 7:28:07 pm
Last Edited By James Ewart on Nov 1, 2016 at 7:29:30 pm

Anyone else seen the function to adjust fade in and out of video opacity without fully opening video opacity panel once an adjustment had been made. A little slider appears when you 'control v' to make life simpler.

Super cool enhancement for changing fade outs when altering duration of clips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]