APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Adobe Team Projects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Adobe Team Projects
on Sep 7, 2016 at 3:44:18 pm

Team Projects

https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/unveiling-connected-creativity-ibc-re...

And where's Apple in all of this? After all, they do have a cloud service :)

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: Adobe Team Projects
on Sep 7, 2016 at 3:51:30 pm

Perhaps we'll get an idea in a couple of hours? Larry Jordan thinks the "lid is getting blown off" today.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Sep 7, 2016 at 4:21:50 pm

[Steve Connor] "Larry Jordan thinks the "lid is getting blown off" today."

Larry's lid? :) Yes, it's IBC and I think there's a similar Apple presentation there as was at NAB. Whether or not this one will be under NDA is anyone's guess. Maybe Noah can comment.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Sep 7, 2016 at 4:32:50 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Larry's lid? :) Yes, it's IBC and I think there's a similar Apple presentation there as was at NAB. Whether or not this one will be under NDA is anyone's guess. Maybe Noah can comment."

Larry said Wednesday :)

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 7, 2016 at 4:47:19 pm

I can't speak for Larry's sources but for FCPX @ IBC2016, you'll want to check out the FCPX Tour:

https://sohoeditors.com/events/lumaforge-and-soho-editors-fcpx-tour-ibc

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Sep 7, 2016 at 4:47:36 pm

[Steve Connor] "Larry said Wednesday :)"

Well, that would coincide with today's Apple event. That's unlikely based on past Apple events, since this is mainly an iPhone deal. Maybe he means next Wednesday following IBC. But you never know.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 7, 2016 at 5:27:35 pm

Apple is demoing real time collaboration in iWork apps. That would be a likely move for FCP X as well. We'll see!

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Sep 7, 2016 at 7:04:53 pm

Well, no lid's blown in the pro video space today, I'm afraid.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Sep 7, 2016 at 7:58:43 pm

Personally I'm pretty darn excited about Team Projects.

Wireless earbuds and a dust-resistant something or other, less so.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Sep 7, 2016 at 9:44:52 pm

[Simon Ubsdell] "Wireless earbuds and a dust-resistant something or other, less so."

What? You aren't tickle pink that you can play Pokemon Go on your watch now?! :)

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Sep 8, 2016 at 8:36:41 am

I was momentarily excited when I thought Phil Schiller was about to announce that they'd developed a solution to World Peace (or something of that kind):

“The reason to move on, it really comes down to one word: courage,” he said. “The courage to move on to do something that betters all of us.”

Sadly it wasn't to be.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Sep 7, 2016 at 7:59:45 pm

Maybe I missed it but with all the talk of the new iPhone camera features especially on the 7 Plus, they didn't seem to talk about it's video capabilities. So even on the consumer level they didn't pay any attention to it.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Sep 7, 2016 at 8:26:32 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Sep 7, 2016 at 8:28:13 pm

Apple is always right where it wants to be.
Announcing company products very close to when they are actually ready to deliver them in the real world.
Adobe, OTOH is doing what they have long done. Telling you what they are planning to do in advance of actually doing it.
Tim made a compelling case that it's due to their differing accounting systems - and the restraints of not being able to announce features that may affect future value in a current period.
Whether or not that's the reason, Apple largely tells you what you can get now, not someday.
In fairness, Adobe has largely (perhaps even always - I don't track it) shipped what it has promised - so it seems to just be the way the two companies differ in how they choose to play the marketing game.
I suspect when Apple unveils whatever they've been working on in the video production space, it likely won't be months more of wait for editors to be able to put whatever it is to use, but that's pure guesswork in my part.
Time will tell.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Sep 7, 2016 at 8:48:23 pm

[Bill Davis] " suspect when Apple unveils whatever they've been working on in the video production space, it likely won't be months more of wait for editors to be able to put whatever it is to use, but that's pure guesswork in my part."

A different strategy for sure and some of us are happy with it and some of us are less keen.

For my money, I think I prefer to get an advance tease of a product that's on its way - I'm certainly pretty excited about Team Projects, whatever it actually turns out to be.

Whereas I have nothing to get specifically excited about from Apple just yet ... although of course it could be amazing when it arrives.

From a marketing point of view, you'd have to think that Adobe's more conventional approach is the better strategy. But of course Apple doesn't do conventional marketing and never will.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Sep 7, 2016 at 10:41:09 pm

A strategy based on just dumping near finished product that can be supplied quickly but takes forever to update or improve relies on trusting your business planning to a company that has not exactly been known to have your best interests at heart.

I have voted to leave all things Apple simply because they haven't let me know what is happening with hardware and software. The whole X experience showed me that their lack of communication and total presumption on how I want to work makes Apple a risky partner for me. Good luck to all those who's business plans fortuitously align with their narrow self obsessed vision.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Sep 8, 2016 at 1:10:12 am

The IBC video announcing the new features.

Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Sep 8, 2016 at 4:45:41 am

I got to see a sneak peek of a couple of the new features at an Adobe Master Class at FOX last week. Really impressed with how serious Adobe is at making the suite as "pro" as possible. Loved some of the features in Premiere that I never used before such as having multiple Media Browsers open and using Favorites to instantly jump to things I don't want to import such as my massive sound fx library. And the white balance picker - so simple - is something I've missed in FCPX.

I may have a feature film starting soon and strongly leaning toward Premiere this time...

It was at a Vegas premiere that I resolved to become an avid FCPX user.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Sep 8, 2016 at 3:14:00 pm

I start each project with a stacked panel of 4 media browsers. Before long each one is set to where all my stuff for that job is. Forget who showed me this but grateful they did.

Return to posts index

Brian Seegmiller
on Sep 8, 2016 at 4:03:12 pm

You can do pretty much the same thing using the finder. The way I do it is on my Mac I set up a new desktop with my finder windows open. On my magic mouse I swipe 2 fingers when I want to look at that particular desktop. you could set up multiple desktops if you have more finder windows to display but one is usually good enough. If I need to drag anything into FCP X, I make sure the FCP X browser is on the other monitor so I can see it while looking at the finder windows where my content resides. Then I can drag whatever I need.

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Sep 8, 2016 at 4:46:47 pm

Yeah I live by the multiple desktop! I'll drag sfx straight from iTunes into a project that's 5 desktops away.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Sep 8, 2016 at 1:54:44 am
Last Edited By Andrew Kimery on Sep 8, 2016 at 1:57:55 am

[Bill Davis] "Announcing company products very close to when they are actually ready to deliver them in the real world. "

Let me know when those sweet features announced under NDA from NAB get delivered into the real world. ;)

Apple is a mixed when it comes to communication. Some products, like OS X...er MacOS and iOS get previewed regularly. X was obviously a surprise but a few months later we got road map and after than it's been back to surprises again. Photos was talked about 6 months prior to launch to keep Aperture users from being blindsided. The nMP was announced in June and barely made it to shipping status before the end of the calendar year.

Adobe, on the other hand, is pretty consistent w/info since they went CC only. NAB and IBC usually see big-ish product features that will then be released 2-3 months down the line.

FWIW the products that seem to 'power' the respective companies appear to get the most regular attention from said companies.

EDIT:

On topic... The team projects seem interesting, but having to push/accept changes between editors still makes it less appealing than Avid for a multi-editor environment. With Avid you have one project where as with Adobe you still have multiple projects that have to be managed and the (mis)managing of multiple projects is always where the mistakes come from.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]