APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Graphic Tablet Advice Pls!

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Viktorija Osipova
Graphic Tablet Advice Pls!
on Jun 29, 2020 at 4:03:01 pm

Dear Creative Cowers,

I'm new to the site, but was hoping to ask for some advice please before investing in a new graphic tablet, as I am finding it difficult to choose one for my needs.

I would like one that enables me to draw directly onto the screen, but wondered what the pros and cons might be of the following options:

1. Tablet connects with laptop.
2. Stand alone tablet.
3. Drawing Software run via an Ipad.

I'm not a full time graphic designer, but would potentially be using it to produce some work for sale (card/print designs, board game designs, logos etc), and so would probably need something at the semi-professional end of the market.

Any advice on models which have a good selection of bells and whistles, while remaining affordable (perhaps in the £400-£500 region), that would enable me to learn while producing some nice results, would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!
Viktorija

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Graphic Tablet Advice Pls!
on Jun 29, 2020 at 10:08:08 pm

you can use anything..just be sure the program your using- if its not photoshop or illustrator..allows you to set your own resolution or dpi

Return to posts index

Viktorija Osipova
on Jun 30, 2020 at 10:40:43 am

Hi Richard, thank you for your reply! I am intending to use Photoshop for the start but would love to know if there are any other softwares you’d recommend?

Best wishes,
Viktorija

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jun 30, 2020 at 7:56:53 am

[Viktorija Osipova] "1. Tablet connects with laptop."

They are affordable and you can use these with any application you have on your computer.

[Viktorija Osipova] "2. Stand alone tablet."

Like a Wacom Mobilestudio? They are really expensive and if there are any hardware issues you'll need to replace or repair the whole thing. They are pretty neat though.

[Viktorija Osipova] "3. Drawing Software run via an Ipad."

A newer iPad with a pencil will cost more than a Wacom. Also you will be limited by the apps available.

Return to posts index

Viktorija Osipova
on Jun 30, 2020 at 10:43:08 am

Hi Tero, thank you for your reply and advise!
After doing a bit more research I have now purchased Wacom Cintiq 16 tablet and hope it will be perfect little device to fit my needs.. or learn how to use it for the start 😊

Best wishes,
Viktorija

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jul 1, 2020 at 12:05:36 am

[Viktorija Osipova] "After doing a bit more research I have now purchased Wacom Cintiq 16 tablet "

Great choice! I was about to post this exact recommendation, so I feel proud for having helped, even though I did not help at all. LOL I got my first Wacom tablet in 1991 or '92, and have always been a huge fan, especially of Cintiq in particular. I have a feeling that I am not the only one, too.

Good luck! And be sure to send us a link when you have posted some of the art you have made with it! ☺

Cheers,
Tim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]