APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Pancake timeline - sort of

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Pancake timeline - sort of
on Feb 13, 2020 at 7:55:41 pm

Many editors like to use the timeline for organization. This is closely associated with Premiere and the "pancake" method of stacking timelines and editing between these sequences. However, organizing primarily in the timeline and not in the browser is something many FCPX, Premiere, and Media Composer editors do.

When FCPX first came out (10.0) you could skim through projects and view "filmstrips" of the various projects in the project browser. This function was lost with 10.1 when the Library came into being.

While I'm not advocating for stacked timelines in FCPX, I do think it would be a valuable feature to be able to editing directly from one sequence (project) in the browser to another in the timeline window. In order to do this, you would need to be able to have the "filmstrip" view of project restored.

Thoughts?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Pancake timeline - sort of
on Feb 13, 2020 at 9:24:47 pm

Yes! I've actually feature requested this a couple of times over the years. I started using FCPX after they had switched to the library, so I didn't know you used to be able to do that.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: Pancake timeline - sort of
on Feb 14, 2020 at 9:19:43 am

Really annoyed they got rid of this, I'm not sure why as it can't be difficult to add back in.

Thanks for reminding me, will submit another feature request

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]