APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Well the dark days came

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Aindreas Gallagher
Well the dark days came
on Jan 31, 2020 at 4:27:15 am

All things end really. And this is full order collapse. Looks like it. Sing a song as she goes down. Grand spot.

https://vimeo.com/user1590967
producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
Re: Well the dark days came
on Jan 31, 2020 at 4:33:03 am

I recall the moderator recounting a desert existence which seemed to involve desert warmth, he spoke of the warmth of the desert sun. It mightn't have been specific.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Jan 31, 2020 at 4:50:09 am

I tried to get in here. It was pop up city. This site is falling apart.

Bill - you always seemed mad.

Walter - realistically sane. (that's a lie)

Simon - I have no clue. Ubsdell is a solid surname.

BIEBERKOPF. You were the dream that dreamt the dying livelong day.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jan 31, 2020 at 6:02:16 pm

Aindreas - such a breath of fresh air!

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jan 31, 2020 at 8:51:20 pm

This is about....Brexit? 🐮

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jan 31, 2020 at 9:23:37 pm

It could also be about the 3 ring circus in Washington, DC right now. 🤷‍♂️
Reason for my inactivity is because of two active photo groups on Facebook and a Final Cut group as well. Always fun to keep up with. 😀 Going to try to stay more active here.

I am an Avid fan of making the Final Cut on Resolve so the video will not be boring.

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on Feb 1, 2020 at 2:09:00 am

I don’t get it. THe vimeo link goes to a blank page for me....

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Feb 1, 2020 at 3:12:48 am

Works for me could be a browser issue or some weird gremlin.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 4, 2020 at 9:14:18 pm

I thought this was a Florence and the Machine thread....

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Feb 4, 2020 at 11:52:23 pm

Oh, I am SO depressed that old Mark Suszko knows who Florence and The Machine is !
I thought that I was the only old bag that was keeping up with modern music.

Bob

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 5, 2020 at 12:26:58 am
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Feb 5, 2020 at 12:28:19 am

Nothing but love for ya, KISS man. ☺

My tastes in music are pretty eclectic. At my last uke jam we did Abba followed by Iggy pop, Neil Diamond and Madonna, plus Muddy Waters followed by Katy Perry.

Though these days I wanna sing like St. Paul and the Broken Bones. Or Otis Redding. Kinda the same thing:-)

Seriously, if you want to fall down a youtube music rabbit hole, I recommend Scary Pockets, Live from Daryl's Place, and everything Leonid and Friends are doing.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Feb 5, 2020 at 12:35:21 am

[Bob Zelin] "I thought that I was the only old bag that was keeping up with modern music."

Please, Florence is old news. She hasn't put out a record since 2018. LOL Of course, once she puts out a new one she'll be news again. It's Florence's world. We're fortunate that she lets us live in it.

Somewhat kidding, but my general rule of thumb is that I'm ONLY listening to new music. I'm still digging into my best of 2019 playlist on Spotify because 2020's list is too short, and I invite you Spotifiers to check it out. It's all women, not because I set out to create a playlist of the best new albums from women, but because women and women-led bands are pretty much the only ones getting it done for my money. I know that I haven't heard every album I need to hear from 2019 yet, so this list may yet get a little longer, but this is pretty solid for now: Twitch, Cream, Trouble

Here's the same playlist on YouTube, which includes some genuinely terrific music videos, which we can talk about another time. Twitch, Spit, Cream, Trouble

And ALL joking aside, Florence provided the title track to my best of 2018 list, and indeed, that was the first year that my best-of list was all women. Hunger.

Every year, there's a song that makes me say, "Okay, time to start building the list", and this year, it was the latest from GHUM, with a woman from Spain on lead vocals, one from Brazil on bass, and lead guitarist and drummer from London.

From The Guardian: The London-based post-punk quartet step out of Joy Division’s shadow with...

This particular track is a little more explicitly retro than I usually look for (I don't need retro -- I was there the first time), but you could do worse than evoking a faster, harder Joy Division. Not a proper video, alas, but a tasty single to tide you over.

I'm also insane for this BBC performance clip of theirs from last summer. If you think modern rock sucks, and you're talking about dudes, you're right. Contemporary music dudes largely suck. These women are SLAYING.

PS. I was being oblique in my first post on this thread, but Aindreas was in fact talking about Brexit. He'd emailed me before I even saw his posts, and we spoke back and forth about it for a while before I made my way here and saw these posts.

We don't typically allow political posts in the COW, but this one was so oblique that I opted to let it stand. I mean, is it really a political post if nobody knows it's a political post? LOL

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Feb 5, 2020 at 9:49:55 am

[Tim Wilson] "Every year, there's a song that makes me say, "Okay, time to start building the list", and this year, it was the latest from GHUM, with a woman from Spain on lead vocals, one from Brazil on bass, and lead guitarist and drummer from London.
"

Thanks for sharing Tim, love finding new bands and this one are something special!

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Feb 5, 2020 at 9:52:06 am

[Bob Zelin] "Oh, I am SO depressed that old Mark Suszko knows who Florence and The Machine is !
I thought that I was the only old bag that was keeping up with modern music.
"

Florence at Glastonbury in 2015 was one of the greatest gigs I've ever been to!

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]