APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Crazy Debate

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
David Mathis
Crazy Debate
on Aug 16, 2019 at 5:56:38 pm

Was surfing around on the BMD site and came across this thread:

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=96573

This reminds me somewhat of the long gone Adobe CC debate that woke up some not to happy villagers. 😉

As an added bonus there is a chat of someone wanting a lite version in the same forum.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Crazy Debate
on Aug 16, 2019 at 6:19:29 pm

Seems dumb to me. If that person wants a stripped-down, cheaper version, then get the free version of Resolve 16 and work in the Cut Page. Ignore the rest. Seems pretty obvious to me. But how is this related to Adobe CC?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 16, 2019 at 7:31:04 pm

Wonder share makes a free video editing app. VERY simple, very easy. Showed it to my kids when I wanted to ween them off PPro, as I don't want to pay for it (only PS). They found it delightfully simple for their needs...perfect for one, in fact.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Aug 16, 2019 at 7:33:43 pm

[Shane Ross] "as I don't want to pay for it (only PS)"

If you want to go all the way, Affinity Photo is a pretty good replacement for Photoshop if you don't need perfect compatibility. It's about 95% there for still (not video) work.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 16, 2019 at 7:52:50 pm

I'm fine with paying $10 for PS. My kids are VERY used to it, and it's one of the requirements for a college class one is taking, so...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Aug 16, 2019 at 7:55:57 pm

[Shane Ross] "and it's one of the requirements for a college class one is taking"

I get it. Although Affinity Photo does read/write PSD files and the UI is similar enough once you get used to it. But of course, like After Effects, if it has to be Photoshop, then there is no exact replacement.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 16, 2019 at 9:24:47 pm

I read that thread.
My favorite line from the original poster -

(It would have to run on Win7 64 again, because Win7 still is almost 50% of the installed base.)

Is this guy serious ? It sounds like a smart ass comment that I would make to torment people.

"I need FCP -X to run on OS X 10.9 on my Quadro 950".

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Aug 17, 2019 at 3:10:25 am

Bob, you wouldn’t dare do that. 😀

I am an Avid fan of making the Final Cut on Resolve so the video will not be boring.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Aug 19, 2019 at 12:37:23 am

"Well gosh, Seymore, if you've just GOT to have RS232 compatibility, then I suppose we could try to figure something out..."

😏

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]