APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Is the future interactive?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Is the future interactive?
on May 23, 2019 at 8:25:26 pm

Bandersnatch. Very interesting.

https://postperspective.com/netflixs-black-mirror-bandersnatch-lets-viewers...

(cut with Premiere Pro)

- Oliver

Oliver Peters | oliverpeters.com

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Is the future interactive?
on May 23, 2019 at 11:19:20 pm

A fad, at best. Like 3D was. There already were the CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE books, and they did quite well for some time. But then, traditional stories still won out. I predict the same here...but not as prevalent. Not sure this will go far. Personally, while I loved CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE books, I read like a dozen, and got bored. I haven't watched BANDERSNATCH...I don't want to choose my ending. I want someone to tell me a story.

Although, with the GoT fans all up in arms, maybe this would appeal to them.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on May 23, 2019 at 11:25:39 pm

Fad. Maybe. I would tend to agree. However, the more interesting discussion is how do you actually tackle this from a production and editing standpoint.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on May 24, 2019 at 4:08:24 am

I think the limitation on story telling make interactives difficult and less likely to capture the audience. It's tied in with VR so in my opinion its a tech solution looking for a problem.

Return to posts index

Mathieu Ghekiere
on May 24, 2019 at 6:30:00 am

[Shane Ross] "I don't want to choose my ending. I want someone to tell me a story."

I agree. And as a maker, you need to have something to tell, and your ending is super important for that.

Interesting as an experiment? Sure. A bit like playing a video game. But I think the narrative tradition of someone telling you a story that you don't have any power over, still wins most people over.

https://mathieughekiere.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on May 24, 2019 at 7:02:31 pm

I wonder if the Bandersnatch team consulted w/a of the big RPG video game makers on how to organize branching storylines? I think Oblivion had something like 50 or 60 hours of voice acting.

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on May 26, 2019 at 2:39:37 pm

Yeah, it could be we end up with a middle ground.

- Fully Interactive Games
- Choose your story films / series
- Normal films / series

Looking at recent, fully freshed out RPG game today, we’re talking in the lines of 50-100 actors with more than 1 million words of dialogue, all recorded. Here all the images are generated in real-time hence keeping an interactive story as dense as that requires a very complex production.

Also, say something like the tv-series game of thrones. I’m not sure the audience wants that to be interactive.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on May 26, 2019 at 3:38:54 pm

[Erik Lindahl] "Looking at recent, fully freshed out RPG game today, we’re talking in the lines of 50-100 actors with more than 1 million words of dialogue, all recorded."

Even in a so-called interactive show, the creative and production team still has to flesh out and create all of the possible scenarios. So the writers are developing multiple endings rather than just one. However, that's still not all of the possible ending scenarios an audience might envision. Obviously, this becomes a budget factor, more so than in video games.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

greg janza
on May 27, 2019 at 12:04:54 am

The suspension of disbelief defines the magic of movies and dramatic television. This suspension occurs through passive viewing. It's been amazingly successful for over 100 years and there's no signs of the mass audience desiring any change to that formula.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tmprods
tallmanproductions.net

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on May 27, 2019 at 12:04:02 pm

Don’t films generally have some difficulty coming up with one good ending?

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on May 27, 2019 at 1:13:52 pm

[Mark Smith] "Don’t films generally have some difficulty coming up with one good ending?"

Not in my experience. Depends on the writer for starters.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Dom Silverio
on May 28, 2019 at 9:03:41 pm

My young son loves the Bear Gryll's You vs Wild series. Not for me, but I can see the value in it for the younger gen, especially in streaming education/instruction videos.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]