FORUMS: list search recent posts

BRU PE, Catalina, and What's Next

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Jones
BRU PE, Catalina, and What's Next
on Mar 18, 2020 at 2:37:33 am

Hi Folks,

We've been getting a lot of confused communications concerning BRU PE, Catalina, and where things go from here. The simple answer is "ArGestĀ® Backup". In light of bringing BRU PE to Linux and Windows in addition to OS X/macOS, we decided it was time to perform a refresh that would provide a wider breadth of purpose for the app.

The main point to make is that BRU PE is not dead, it just couldn't be ported as it exists to the restricted environment that Apple has created with Catalina. To resolve this, we took a completely new approach with the UI component and developed it in a manner that would provide the exact same workflow on all three supported platforms.

Additionally, we made sure that any existing BRU PE environment would be completely supported by the new app to the point of even automatically recognizing your existing BRU PE environment and bringing it over to the new infrastructure (if you choose). This also means that you may copy/move any existing BRU PE environment over to Windows or Linux, retaining your existing job definitions and catalogs. Of course, because everything's built on BRU, the tapes/archives are fully compatible across all three platforms.

If you are a current BRU PE user and your software support is current, you may upgrade to the ArGest Backup Producer's Edition license on the Mac platform for free. If your support contract is lapsed, or you are interested in moving from macOS to Linux or Windows or buying a new license, please contact the team here for pricing information.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.tolisgroup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

Jon Allen
Re: BRU PE, Catalina, and What's Next
on Mar 20, 2020 at 10:33:26 pm

Is the beta testing complete?
I haven't received any email since January 3rd -- "[ArGestĀ® Backup 4.0] Build 235 Final Candidate Now Available"

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
on Mar 20, 2020 at 11:03:06 pm

Hi Jon,

Yes it is and I show that you are on both the Beta and the Announcements lists. I it possible that we ended up in your spam/junk folder?

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.tolisgroup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

Jon Allen
on Mar 20, 2020 at 11:17:13 pm

If I did get an announcement in the spam folder it was so long ago that google deleted it.

The last time I missed an announcement from Tolis it was because a new (non whitelisted) email address was being used. In aviation, one announces that they are changing radio frequencies ahead of time. The bru pe beta address and support ticket addresses are whitelisted. Did the announcement come through either of these channels?

Return to posts index

Jon Allen
on Mar 23, 2020 at 10:54:23 pm

Return to posts index

Jon Allen
on Mar 25, 2020 at 9:54:41 pm

Hi Tim, I see you have responded to other threads so I will assume you are not interested in responding to me.

I was told by Paige in December that she would assign me permanent serial and licence keys when the new version was released.

The main issue I have with Tolis Group is that your communications are erratic. Emails were frequently unattended to, the timelines kept changing and I was told "almost ready" from January to December 2019 when I still didn't have a working version that could import a Mac based PE catalog. If it has been ready for a while, why wasn't I contacted by sales as I was told I would be? Again, the sales@, noreply@ and pebeta@ are all whitelisted. I can see from other threads that I am not the only person feeling that the level of communication has been sub-par.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]