FORUMS: list search recent posts

inconsistent verification success with BRU

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Murray
inconsistent verification success with BRU
on Oct 1, 2018 at 2:26:28 pm

I use BRU with Tolis' 2-LTO6-drive rackmount unit to create long term archives. Typically we use the Doubler function to create an A tape and a B tape. For some reason the B tapes are taking a really long time to verify - like 4 times longer than the A - and the software is locking up requiring a force quit in order to do a manual verify on the B tape. Is anyone else seeing this issue with BRU?

Thanks!

Joe

Return to posts index

Per Scaffidi
Re: inconsistent verification success with BRU
on Apr 3, 2019 at 6:06:52 pm

I'm having a similar issue using BRU PE 3.1.2 and an HP LTO-6 drive. All was well up until our most recent shoot. Backing up 6TB of footage to LTO6 took a few days and was split over 5 tapes. Now the verify has been running for almost a week straight, and only halfway complete...

Return to posts index

Per Scaffidi
Re: inconsistent verification success with BRU
on Jun 5, 2019 at 10:30:47 pm

Update since my response: Couldn't figure out how to get tape tools running on the Mac so I swapped the drive over to the PC and ran it. Got several errors.

I sent it out to Midwest Technical and they diagnosed bad heads. Got it taken care of quickly and easily. Definitely recommend them.

Just ran the project backup again and everything is working as it should. Write and read speeds are now back to normal and the drive is running much quieter too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]