FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interview filming suggestion

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Justin Toney
Interview filming suggestion
on Nov 8, 2017 at 3:41:14 am

I'm not sure where this goes on the Forum but I am filming some interviews for a show. I want to do like they have on some of the reality shows where the camera jumps from one focal length to a much closer view of the interviewee. It looks like it's on the same camera but it doesn't lose any Fidelity. I'm wondering how the achieve this look on some of the shows that air on channels like a&e.

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: Interview filming suggestion
on Nov 8, 2017 at 2:04:49 pm

The simplest way is to shoot in 4K and post in HD. Avid has "FlexFrame" which makes this very simple. Other NLEs probably have something similar.

Return to posts index

Justin Toney
on Nov 11, 2017 at 4:47:56 pm

I don't have a 4k option right now. It doesn't seem right that back lets say 5 or 6 years ago they were producing 4k as well.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 14, 2017 at 5:36:51 pm

Another way to do this is to piggy back a second camera on top of the main one. I sometimes put a Canon Vixia on the hot shoe of my P2 camera, to get a wide cut-away shot of the same subject, or another shot of something different, at the same time, while the main camera handles tighter and changing framings. A 4K-capable gopro knockoff is under a hundred bucks these days. For your kind of application, adding this to the existing camera could be very useful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]