FORUMS: list search recent posts

Industry Day Rates

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Williams
Industry Day Rates
on Jan 4, 2017 at 9:13:58 pm

I was recently working as a PA on a gig and I had a conversation with one of the crew members about possibly getting my work. After the gig was over I emailed him telling him to keep me in mind for future work. He responded with "send me your day and 1/2 day rates". To be honest with you i'm not quite sure what this means. So far i've only gotten PA gigs where there is already an established "Pay Per Day rate" which is generally 150-200 a day and when I get my check Im a bit confused about the break down of the payments per day.

I really get confused and anxious when filling out my timecards because I don't want to put down the wrong info and end up shorting my self.

My goal is to make it in the camera department and hopefully work steady as an AC and make my way to becoming a DP.

Can someone help me understand a bit more about day rates?

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Industry Day Rates
on Jan 13, 2017 at 2:06:31 am
Last Edited By Vince Becquiot on Jan 13, 2017 at 2:09:56 am

I'll start with half day rates, most people don't usually offer half days other than travel, but I guess it depends on the position/relationship.

A day rate is 10 hours minimum at a set rate per hour, but if you're payrolled (vs subcontracted), that's usually broken down so that it fit into the 8 hours + overtime rule (You don't have to concern yourself with that).

So if your dayrate is $200/day, that's what you would charge for UP TO 10 hours, same amount if you work 2 hours.

Then overtime usually goes time and a half for 2 additional hours (12), then double time after that.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]